Thread: Xanex/alprazolam

Xanex/alprazolam

Hello all,

Anyone with any experience of xanex/alprazolam please?

I've been prescribed this to try during an extremely stressful time. My husband is currently in a hospice and we have young kids, so everything seems very stressful at the moment.

I'm reluctant to take anything that is going to make me feel 'out of it' or drowsy.

Any advice or experience greatly received

Re: Xanex/alprazolam

Quote Originally Posted by welshdory View Post
    I'm reluctant to take anything that is going to make me feel 'out of it' or drowsy.
    Like all the benzodiazepines (BZDs) alprazolam may be sedating to some degree. Tolerance to the sedation tends to build fairly quickly when taken daily, often within a couple of weeks which is why BZDs are generally not good 'sleeping' pills. Maybe take only half a tablet the first time to see how it affects you.

Have you also been prescribed fluoxetine, or another AD?

Re: Xanex/alprazolam

I'm so sorry that you are having to cope with such a very stressful situation. It must be so hard for you and I hope you can at least have some help with your children?

My daughter found alprazolam to be really effective re lessening her severe anxiety but it is sedating so you are going to feel drowsy. However the drug will kick in immediately and will give you some relief from your anxiety when you most need it so you could take it when you don't have to drive? As PDU suggests, maybe try a half of the prescribed dose and see how you get on?

Thread Information