Thread: Medicine reaction or heart attack?

Medicine reaction or heart attack?

Hello, I started a new stomach medicine called Protonix and 3 days into it on Monday, I had a really scary experience. Out of nowhere in the morning, I got vertigo and started to sweat and vomit, have chills. I was shaking and felt so tired. I could not keep fluids down for a few hours. I called my GP immediately, and he thought it was a reaction to the new medicine and he called in anti nausea pills. It subsided but i’m so freaked out by the event. My GP told me he does not think it is my heart, and there is no need for further testing. I am paranoid it was a heart attack. I am 29 and i’m on Metoprolol for heart palpitations, but do not have risk factors. Just under a lot of stress. I can’t stop worrying. I have pain on and off near my heart now. I don’t know if it’s anxiety or not. My cardiologist office does not return my calls. Any advice or reassurance would be appreciated. Thank you xx

Re: Medicine reaction or heart attack?

I think you know deep down you wouldn't be here seeking reassurance if you were truly having a heart attack

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I know, i’m just really scared the incident on Monday was a heart attack. I never had anything random like that happen before :(

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverworried093 View Post
    I know, i’m just really scared the incident on Monday was a heart attack. I never had anything random like that happen before :(
    It wasn't 'random'. You were on new medication..

Thread Information