Thread: Health anxiety is draining

Health anxiety is draining

I feel drained. Everytime I think I can just be "ok" & not worry about every little thing....something pops up. In 2 two days I've gone from worrying about my eyes hurting when I look up or all the way side to side.....to worrying about my gum health. I wish I never started Googling. I feel like I have "knowledge" on things that most people never think twice about. Anyhow, just had to vent. I wish I could just stop obsessing over everything. 😔

Re: Health anxiety is draining

Feeling this way myself at the moment it's so frustrating isn't it?
    Trying to keep my hands away from typing any symptoms I have into Google is very difficult!!
    Hoping this phase passes soon for you 👍

Re: Health anxiety is draining

Quote Originally Posted by Heather1234 View Post
    I feel drained. Everytime I think I can just be "ok" & not worry about every little thing....something pops up. In 2 two days I've gone from worrying about my eyes hurting when I look up or all the way side to side.....to worrying about my gum health. I wish I never started Googling. I feel like I have "knowledge" on things that most people never think twice about. Anyhow, just had to vent. I wish I could just stop obsessing over everything. 
    Health anxiety is indeed exhausting (to say the least) but you can stop is you put the work in..

The problem with the 'knowledge' you speak of is that we're not doctors, therefore we don't have a doctor's understanding (or their years of medical training) and having HA, we are unable to

If you can't help but Google, search anxiety and the stress response. You'll see all your unpleasant symptoms there and, most importantly, you will learn how to turn the response off - which is a matter of breathing deeply..

Next thing: challenge your thoughts..

You're not alone..

Thread Information