Thread: Covid reinfection. Freaking out.

Covid reinfection. Freaking out.

Hello everyone. I’m hoping you all could take the time to read this and help me with reassurance.

So I had Covid back in February 3rd. So about 140 days later, I’m now experiencing a sore throat. Yesterday I woke up with a horse voice that kept sounding squeaky. And I kept having to clear my throat. The day before that I just had a sore throat and a slight cough.

I took an at home test yesterday morning and just took another one now. Both came back negative. I also went to get a pace test since they are accurate. But I have to wait until tomorrow for my results.

My biggest concern is will this reinfection, if I have it, will it be worse?? After 90 days of infection, I was supposed to get vaccinated but I completely forgot due to the fact that me and my family are living in a hotel with nowhere to live. The days flew by so quickly. My sister said she had Covid but she also said that she had to test negative before coming back to work. She did visit us about 10 days ago. But she assured me that she was no longer contagious but she still had a lingering cough. In January, I got the first Pfizer vaccine. But never got the rest due to my Covid infection shortly after. I’m jus worried because I’m morbidly obese. I’m 23 years old. But I know that weight can affect the severity of Covid. Last time I was sick with it, it wasn’t fun, but it wasn’t horrible either. But I’m just curious if anyone has any insight if my previous infection and the first vaccine still holds some protection after all this time later. Thank you.

Re: Covid reinfection. Freaking out.

I've had both my Covid vaccines and booster. I had Covid in December and I had it again last month. Second time around it was milder than the first and was different symptoms wise, first time was more chesty and second time felt more like a head cold.

With my first bout, my cough lasted a long time after the virus had gone so even though your sister was coughing she won't have been infectious if she was testing negative.

Vaccinewise, because you've had one you will still have some protection. My husband had covid pretty much at the same time as me, he's only had one vaccine (and that was over a year ago), he is currently in remission from a lung condition, he's overweight but reasonably fit, he had one day in bed and then picked up well. We both had some lingering tiredness but are both doing fine now.

Try not to worry too much.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Mark8800 View Post
    Hello everyone. I’m hoping you all could take the time to read this and help me with reassurance.

So I had Covid back in February 3rd. So about 140 days later, I’m now experiencing a sore throat. Yesterday I woke up with a horse voice that kept sounding squeaky. And I kept having to clear my throat. The day before that I just had a sore throat and a slight cough.

I took an at home test yesterday morning and just took another one now. Both came back negative. I also went to get a pace test since they are accurate. But I have to wait until tomorrow for my results.

My biggest concern is will this reinfection, if I have it, will it be worse?? After 90 days of infection, I was supposed to get vaccinated but I completely forgot due to the fact that me and my family are living in a hotel with nowhere to live. The days flew by so quickly. My sister said she had Covid but she also said that she had to test negative before coming back to work. She did visit us about 10 days ago. But she assured me that she was no longer contagious but she still had a lingering cough. In January, I got the first Pfizer vaccine. But never got the rest due to my Covid infection shortly after. I’m jus worried because I’m morbidly obese. I’m 23 years old. But I know that weight can affect the severity of Covid. Last time I was sick with it, it wasn’t fun, but it wasn’t horrible either. But I’m just curious if anyone has any insight if my previous infection and the first vaccine still holds some protection after all this time later. Thank you.
    If you are reinfected by any chance, I reckon you will no doubt have either BA.4 or BA.5 right now, as both are jointly the predominant strain Stateside, and have also just started to outdo BA.2 here in the UK.

While a bit more contagious, they are still no more lethal than BA.2, and all Omicrons so far are generally far less lethal than all previous Covid variants (Delta, Alpha, original, etc).

So if you're fully jabbed and have already had Covid before, it should probably be even milder this time round and likely resembling nothing more than an ordinary common cold, even though it can still vary from person to person, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark8800 View Post

I’m currently on day 4 of symptoms and I haven’t been vaccinated at all not even once it’s a lot worse than the first time I had it. Both times I’ve had it were alongside my 70 year old father who has had 2 vaccine doses and both times his symptoms have been much milder and much more short lived than mine have. I’m 100% going for my vaccines once I get over it this time I don’t care how scared I am too get them anymore. all I can say is if you test negative then do everything you can to get your second shot I’ve seen first hand how much of a difference they can make

Quote Originally Posted by davey2k17 View Post
    I’m currently on day 4 of symptoms and I haven’t been vaccinated at all not even once it’s a lot worse than the first time I had it. Both times I’ve had it were alongside my 70 year old father who has had 2 vaccine doses and both times his symptoms have been much milder and much more short lived than mine have. I’m 100% going for my vaccines once I get over it this time I don’t care how scared I am too get them anymore. all I can say is if you test negative then do everything you can to get your second shot I’ve seen first hand how much of a difference they can make
    I've heard rumours of an Omicron-specific vaccine about to be launched in the not-too-distant future, possibly around early autumn.

In the meantime though, I wish you a speedy recovery, plus try not to get too embroiled in the doom-mongering tales from the serial antivaxxers and conspiracy theorists, as the vast majority of the global population (including myself) have so far turned out fine following 3 Covid jabs since the very end of 2020 onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I've heard rumours of an Omicron-specific vaccine about to be launched in the not-too-distant future, possibly around early autumn.

In the meantime though, I wish you a speedy recovery, plus try not to get too embroiled in the doom-mongering tales from the serial antivaxxers and conspiracy theorists, as the vast majority of the global population (including myself) have so far turned out fine following 3 Covid jabs since the very end of 2020 onwards.
    You’re absolutely correct listening to others opinions regarding vaccine safety is the wrong way too go. Thank you for the advice I’m currently on day 8 now still feeling a little bunged up and tired but I’m way way better than what I was which I’m thankful for 😊.

Quote Originally Posted by davey2k17 View Post
    You’re absolutely correct listening to others opinions regarding vaccine safety is the wrong way too go. Thank you for the advice I’m currently on day 8 now still feeling a little bunged up and tired but I’m way way better than what I was which I’m thankful for 😊.
    While I'm still not necessarily trivialising it, at least the current Covid situation for most people is no longer the dire state of emergency it was in 2020 and early 2021.

Thread Information