Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Rational Thread

Re: The Rational Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I worried that my suddenly yellow fingernails were a sign that my liver was on its way out. I even messaged my doctor(with pictures)

Turns out that using YELLOW Flash liquid isn't a good idea without using gloves...
    My nails turned yellow once because I had painted them with green nail polish, which even after being removed stained them yellow for a bit.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I peered down into my cleavage one day and saw a large brown mole (new)

First thought, MELANOMA, I'M GOING TO DIE!!!

Then it fell off and I realised it was a Coco Pop...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I peered down into my cleavage one day and saw a large brown mole (new)

First thought, MELANOMA, I'M GOING TO DIE!!!

Then it fell off and I realised it was a Coco Pop...
    That's classic! I could actually see that being a seen in a sit-com! Husband with hypochondriac wife having breakfast and that happens. She freaks out and get hysterical. The husband comes over asks what's wrong. She shows him and he reaches out, picks it off her chest, looks at it and eats it while rolling his eyes and muttering "Its a CocoPop"......

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 30-06-22 at 23:17.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    That's classic! I could actually see that being a seen in a sit-com! Husband with hypochondriac wife having breakfast and that happens. She freaks out and get hysterical. The husband comes over asks what's wrong. She shows him and he reaches out, picks it off her chest, looks at it and eats it while rolling his eyes and muttering "Its a CocoPop"......

FMP
    It doesn't help that I didn't have my glasses on..

Speaking of which...

Nora gets in her car and starts driving down the street, thinks 'Oh My Gawd, everything's blurry, am I going blind?'

Pulls over; takes off glasses; realises she's wearing her close up reader specs, not her long distance ones..

In 2021 I was sure a mole was cancerous, it wasn't and I'm still here. I insisted it be removed for biopsy even though the dermatologist said it looked like a normal mole.

Later in 2021 I was sure I had heart problems when I was having irregular heartbeats and dizziness. Had the full workup and my heart is in great condition and I'm still here.

(Both of these were legit concerns and I was right to check them out... but my brain went right to the worst possible diagnosis)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

lord... right

Worried I had HIV on and off from 2014 - 2019 - Nope
    Brain tumour fear 2014 - Nope ( inner ear infection that caused me to have labyrinthitis for a month
    Worried I was going to die because I had Addison's disease 2012 - I didn't my friend ended up in a coma because of this and it got me scared I had the same
    Several fears of lumps and bumps under skin 2016-2022 I have put weight on and have been told they are lipomas
    Heart worries since 2016 - I do have SVT and suffer ectopic beats and currently under investigation as they found a murmur and possible issue with a a valve. So I am defo dying and either going to have a heart attack or cardiac arrest etc etc and am going through a really bad time.
    LAST WEEK - "im going blind i cant see" OMG OMG - Nope this idiot forgot to put her glasses on when she was awoken abruptly from sleep.
    But yeah as you can see the brain goes to the worst case scenario, so many things i thought was wrong with me actually haven't been.

Recovering from my conditions and looking to the future.
    I am not very active but do try to reply to mails.

I thought I had MS. I had most of the symptoms. I was tested for MS. (my cousin had MS)

A 'lesion' was found on an MRI of my spine. This had to be MS, right? (wrong, it's a 'birth mark')

I do not have MS; I have Fibromyalgia. (moaning my bag off about being in pain every day, but I'm still here )

I was prepared by my endocrinologist for a rare aggressive thyroid cancer and my FNAs were sent to the Royal Marsden Hospital for a second opinion. They recommended removal. I had the surgery but the dodgy cells were benign. "Still 'ere" as my late Dad used to say..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I was prepared by my endocrinologist for a rare aggressive thyroid cancer and my FNAs were sent to the Royal Marsden Hospital for a second opinion. They recommended removal. I had the surgery but the dodgy cells were benign. "Still 'ere" as my late Dad used to say..
    I bet you were hugely relieved to hear the word 'benign' P...

I too had a tango with 'cancer'. A post-menopausal bleed meant that I was fast-tracked for a scan. The scan showed that the lining of my womb was thicker than it should have been so I had to have a Hysteroscopy. They took a biopsy and I had to wait for my results with the knowledge that my mother had ovarian cancer. I got my results through on Christmas Eve and they were clear. Best Christmas present, ever... (still here!!)

I contacted an online Dr in an absolute panic over a spot I found on my face. It was a cut from shaving 4 days prior.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information