I'm doing some thought challenging and trying to combat this, but to be honest I think my biggest fear right now is I'm not sure if something is amiss/when I should see my doctor.

My issue is that I've been having some flutters in my throat. Like, moments where I feel a sudden bit of pressure. Sometimes that pressure feeling stick around (similar to the classic "something stuck in my throat" feeling) but that might just be me fixating and having it persist. I don't really notice any weird heart sensations, necessarily, but because of this I'm of course hyper-fixating on a lot of things, so my costo which is acting up, or like I'll feel a heartbeat somewhere else and think it's signaling something else.

I don't have a family history of heart issues - my mom has high blood pressure and my grandfather may have passed from a heart attack, but he was in his 80s and undergoing chemo so I don't know if that was ever confirmed. I previously had issues with high cholesterol, but I just had a physical and all my numbers were down + I lost weight. I mentioned the issue to my doctor and he said it might be palpitations, but unless they were really frequent or I was dizzy I shouldn't worry, but of course I'm kicking myself because I prefaced it with "this is probably anxiety..." and I'm not quite sure how to define "frequent".

About 12 or so years ago I had a sports physical and the doctor noted an irregular heartbeat. I wore a holter for a weekend and had an ultrasound, where they said my heart would rest on certain beats, but that it was fine. No doctor since that point has ever mentioned my heartbeat, and I don't know that it even is still irregular.

So, logically I am telling myself that it is very unlikely I have a heart issue. But it just seems like when it goes away, a few days later it returns and I get concerned about it again. And I'm a bit afraid that there will be an issue and I won't address it when I need to.

Does anyone else have this issue?