Thread: Post covid dizziness and Fears of Brain tumor

Post covid dizziness and Fears of Brain tumor

Hello all, I have participated on this forum for a while now and I've come here more for reassurance.

I have had anxiety amd health anxiety for all my adult life.

I am 27years old, male about 180lbs. I recently had my first bout of covid 3 weeks ago, and it was pretty rough 102-103 fever.

Gp gave me steroids, albuteral, paxlovid, and lorazepam

I daily take 20mg duloxetine for anxiety. But my anxiety was so bad during covid my doctor prescribed me an additional .5mg lorazepam to help me through it.

Well I took acouple of them, and now about 3 weeks after initially testing positive for covid and I'm over it now, except I'm experinceing diziness and lightheadedness. With a mild pressure in my top forhead. If I'm sitting still it's not bad, but if I stand up or turn my head I can really feel it.

Maybe some numbness in my fingers(but anxiety will do that too)

I'm 2 days off of the lorazepam now, and trying to convince myself it's a side effect of the lorazepam plus my duloxetine. (I only took a couple of pills, it didn't really help me all that much)

But me being me. I have had migraine headaches all my life and I fear the worst and assume I am having a brain tumor.

I keep reminding myself I had none of these symptoms prior to covid and brain tumors are incredibly rare in people under 60, much less under 30.

I have not yet been to see my gp over this. As I'm hoping it will resolve within a week or so. I just wanted to reach out and get a sanity check to make sure I'm doing the right things.

Re: Post covid dizziness and Fears of Brain tumor

Quote Originally Posted by Jonatron5 View Post
    Hello all, I have participated on this forum for a while now and I've come here more for reassurance.

I have had anxiety amd health anxiety for all my adult life.

I am 27years old, male about 180lbs. I recently had my first bout of covid 3 weeks ago, and it was pretty rough 102-103 fever.

Gp gave me steroids, albuteral, paxlovid, and lorazepam

I daily take 20mg duloxetine for anxiety. But my anxiety was so bad during covid my doctor prescribed me an additional .5mg lorazepam to help me through it.

Well I took acouple of them, and now about 3 weeks after initially testing positive for covid and I'm over it now, except I'm experinceing diziness and lightheadedness. With a mild pressure in my top forhead. If I'm sitting still it's not bad, but if I stand up or turn my head I can really feel it.

Maybe some numbness in my fingers(but anxiety will do that too)

I'm 2 days off of the lorazepam now, and trying to convince myself it's a side effect of the lorazepam plus my duloxetine. (I only took a couple of pills, it didn't really help me all that much)

But me being me. I have had migraine headaches all my life and I fear the worst and assume I am having a brain tumor.

I keep reminding myself I had none of these symptoms prior to covid and brain tumors are incredibly rare in people under 60, much less under 30.

I have not yet been to see my gp over this. As I'm hoping it will resolve within a week or so. I just wanted to reach out and get a sanity check to make sure I'm doing the right things.
    Welcome to the choir! I am in the same boat actually. I have had dizziness for 6 months now, and I was worried of the same thing. I actually just got a brain MRI yesterday and VERY anxiously waiting on the results which is why I am here. I see no one replied to this, that is sad, I hope all worked out. How are you doing now?

Sounds like post covid dizziness is a real thing. It is confusing and unknown. Another forum has people saying they had MRIs with nothing as well. It is a mystery!

God bless!
    Joshua

Re: Post covid dizziness and Fears of Brain tumor

MRI Came back clear. Thank God!

Thread Information