Thread: Recent Blood Test Panic

Recent Blood Test Panic

Hi, I have diabetes and have just had my 6 month review last week. I always panic over this but this time I have access to my medical records on myGP, I stupidly had a look on my appointments just now and have seen that the test results were sent to my doctor and all it said under that bit was blood test/differential.

Now there's the test results on my medical records part but I'm already panicked enough now by seeing that they were sent to my doctor when the diabetic nurse generally calls me. I had my test on Thursday and they were apparently sent to my doctor on Friday if the myGP thing is right.

I don't want to look on my medical records part and have a full blown panic attack. I had Covid September last year, Covid pneumonia and a secondary infection. I had a mini health check recently and my lungs (don't know if it was my technique or what) but they came back as 60 year old, I'm 40. I have recently in the past five months had the two Covid vaccines that I was scared about getting. I have also recently had a gum infection, my gums all went swollen below my bottom teeth, that has gone down a lot but it still hasn't gone down fully.

I googled one time 'blood test/differential' and saw the words white blood cells, and I went off google. I don't know if they've already done the white blood cell test or that notification on myGP next to my doctors name is to have one done. I wish I didn't have myGP at times like these. Now I'm so scared that there's something with my blood test, my heart is pounding and I'm thinking so many things.
    Last edited by Shelly06; 26-06-22 at 15:55.

Re: Recent Blood Test Panic

Hi Shelley, you're having a time of it by the sounds of things?

If you've just got access to your medical records then this is probably routine for you as part of your 6 monthly review. It's just that you've never seen it before. I've seen a lot of stuff on my record that surprised me..

I have access to my medical records now I am in control of my health anxiety but I made a point of not having access when I struggled with HA because it would have made me worse so it might be an idea to remove your access until you are in a better place mentally?

We're not doctors and we don't understand the jargon they use. It's not helpful when you have HA..

Thread Information