Thread: ALT liver results, reassurance needed please!

ALT liver results, reassurance needed please!

Hello I posted a few days ago I'd been to gp as feeling jittery/shaky. Blood tests were done.
    All came back normal apart from slightly raised alt levels in my liver.
    Had a complete meltdown in my work this morning, had to come home, have got a nurse calling me back later to explain it all to me a little but more.
    Anyone out there had experience of this? My health anxiety mind is spiralling down the 'what ifs' my son is 16 next week and all I can think of is will I still be here for his 17th? Stupid, irrational thoughts I know but when I'm like is it's so hard to think rationally.
    Any words of advice would be very much appreciated right now.

Re: ALT liver results, reassurance needed please!

Quote Originally Posted by DebiJa77 View Post
    Hello I posted a few days ago I'd been to gp as feeling jittery/shaky. Blood tests were done.
    All came back normal apart from slightly raised alt levels in my liver.
    Had a complete meltdown in my work this morning, had to come home, have got a nurse calling me back later to explain it all to me a little but more.
    Anyone out there had experience of this? My health anxiety mind is spiralling down the 'what ifs' my son is 16 next week and all I can think of is will I still be here for his 17th? Stupid, irrational thoughts I know but when I'm like is it's so hard to think rationally.
    Any words of advice would be very much appreciated right now.
    Yes, I've had slightly raised ALT levels before and a slight change in diet and alcohol consumption fixed it. Usually they'll give you some advice and ask to redo the test after four weeks.

That was several years ago by the way and as you can see, I'm still here.

Easy for an Internet random to say, but don't let it trouble you.

Pamplemousse I am so grateful to you for replying!
    Yes I've to got an appointment to go back in a fortnight for more bloods to see if the levels have gone down.
    2 things my husband said to calm me
    1.the receptionist called to give you the results, not the gp, surely if they were overly concerned they would talk to me direct? Esp knowing what I am like!
    2. They are leaving me 2 weeks if it was urgent I'd be called up much sooner!
    I will be doing all I can until then to make sure the levels are low!
    I feel like a complete fool breaking down in work today they probably think I am mad! I would not wish health anxiety on anyone this is awful.

So called my gp practice this morning as I have been getting in a bit of a state worrying about this only to be told there's nobody available to talk to me today.
    All I wanted was a bit of reassurance and maybe some more information to put my mind at ease slightly.

Thread Information