Thread: Unsettling "Dizziness" Sinking forward, drunk sensations.

Unsettling "Dizziness" Sinking forward, drunk sensations.

The past couple of weeks I have been really struggling with a very unsettling sensation of rocking/dizziness. This was initially brought on when I went to bend over to stroke my cat after a couple of beers and suddenly felt like I was falling through the floor. This was terrifying for me and I couldn't even lie down that night without feeling like I was sinking into my bed.
    Ever since this intense episode of dizziness, my head has felt very strange. I initially thought I had BPPV however the sensations I have been experiencing just don't seem to align with that diagnosis. The Epley maneuver is uncomfortable but it does not bring on a spinning sensation. I do not experience everything around me spinning, I wouldn't even say I experience spinning.
    A more accurate explanation of these sensations would be a rocking/bobbing. My head has felt very heavy, with a painless feeling of pressure/fullness primarily at the base of the skull and I feel as if my head/body is on a boat/falling forward. This has been causing me great amounts of stress, anxiety and discomfort for two weeks now. Although these feelings aren't particularly severe, or evidently dangerous, they are persistent and impossible to ignore. I am unable to relax unless I am laying down.
    As well as the Epley maneuver, I have also attempted to perform certain muscle releases/pressure point exercises in my lower/upper neck and sub occipital muscles, these can bring very brief periods of some type of relief but nothing that lasts for very long.
    Unfortunately, at this moment in time, I am unable to see a GP as I am currently in the process of moving home and my old GP won't see me anymore due to being out of range.
    This situation is causing me an immense amount of anxiety, I have been unable to focus on much else. Any support/suggestions would be seriously appreciated.

Re: Unsettling "Dizziness" Sinking forward, drunk sensations.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty97 View Post
    The past couple of weeks I have been really struggling with a very unsettling sensation of rocking/dizziness. This was initially brought on when I went to bend over to stroke my cat after a couple of beers and suddenly felt like I was falling through the floor.

You're absolutely certain you weren't just pissed?

I have dizzy dos and lots of em (vertigo)

In my experience these episodes go away after a few weeks, and worrying about them will only make things worse. We can feel lightheaded with anxiety at the best of times..

If you're really concerned then you could try a walk in health centre?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    You're absolutely certain you weren't just pissed? [/FONT][/COLOR]

I have dizzy dos and lots of em (vertigo)

In my experience these episodes go away after a few weeks, and worrying about them will only make things worse. We can feel lightheaded with anxiety at the best of times..

If you're really concerned then you could try a walk in health centre?
    Hey thanks for your reply! I don't think I was, I only had 1 and a half beers or so. The vertigo that followed was very intense. Were these symptoms persistent for you? It seems like they have been constant for me.

Hey thanks for your reply! I don't think I was, I only had 1 and a half beers or so. The vertigo that followed was very intense. Were these symptoms persistent for you? It seems like they have been constant for me.
    I have them for weeks at a time, then they bugger off as fast as they came on..

My mum also had dizziness issues. Does anybody in your family have dizziness?

Hi Frosty97, I've documented some dizzy/lightheaded issues I've had in the past on here.

I had a very weird episode 3/4 years ago where for 2 weeks I felt lightheaded and dizzy, as well as a very intense pressure around my head, and also heaviness. The only time it went away was when I lay down to sleep or watch telly. I can't remember exactly if I went to the doctor about it, but I was worried about what was going on. But it just passed naturally after 2 weeks. It came back again a few years later, but didn't last as long. Very strange episode. I was very stressed and in the middle of health worries at the time, so assumed it was down to that and sever anxiety.

I also has a weird episode in 2016 after travelling around France where I felt dizzy and nauseous for 3 weeks. But I think that was like an inner ear issue. Which again, resolved on its own.

Stress and anxiety definitely heighten dizziness in me. I have both lightheadedness and vertigo.

Have you tried the vertigo exercises? You can Google them, they worked for me. My dizzy spells/episodes tend to increase and "show up" when I am anxious.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The past couple of weeks I have been really struggling with a very unsettling sensation of rocking/dizziness. This was initially brought on when I went to bend over to stroke my cat after a couple of beers and suddenly felt like I was falling through the floor. This was terrifying for me and I couldn't even lie down that night without feeling like I was sinking into my bed.
    Ever since this intense episode of dizziness, my head has felt very strange. I initially thought I had BPPV however the sensations I have been experiencing just don't seem to align with that diagnosis. The Epley maneuver is uncomfortable but it does not bring on a spinning sensation. I do not experience everything around me spinning, I wouldn't even say I experience spinning.
    A more accurate explanation of these sensations would be a rocking/bobbing. My head has felt very heavy, with a painless feeling of pressure/fullness primarily at the base of the skull and I feel as if my head/body is on a boat/falling forward. This has been causing me great amounts of stress, anxiety and discomfort for two weeks now. Although these feelings aren't particularly severe, or evidently dangerous, they are persistent and impossible to ignore. I am unable to relax unless I am laying down.
    As well as the Epley maneuver, I have also attempted to perform certain muscle releases/pressure point exercises in my lower/upper neck and sub occipital muscles, these can bring very brief periods of some type of relief but nothing that lasts for very long.
    Unfortunately, at this moment in time, I am unable to see a GP as I am currently in the process of moving home and my old GP won't see me anymore due to being out of range.
    This situation is causing me an immense amount of anxiety, I have been unable to focus on much else. Any support/suggestions would be seriously appreciated.
    Hey I just saw this and I had exactly the same a few months ago. I CANNOT drink even one drink now because it sets off that feeling again. I don’t know if it’s phycological or alcohol related.
    It was that traumatic for me, even thinking about alcohol makes me feel it.
    I had exactly the same for weeks- on a boat, falling forwards, felt light headed not necessarily spiny but awful just like you described.
    I think it’s anxiety or if not.. anxiety plays a part in keeping the feelings going. Tablets got rid of mine. They’re called Prochlorperazine. Even if it’s just placebo to get you back to normal/ give tablets a go! You don’t have to feel that way xxx

Hello! I am new here! By chance did these happen to show up after having Covid? I too have been suffering from dizziness now, and it started after getting Covid, about 6 weeks later. It turns out, many people are experiencing this. I am here now because I am nervous about an MRI of my brain that was called for me Tuesday by a second opinion ENT. I believe the MRI was in abundance of caution but I have had this dizziness off and on for 6 months. As far as that, the MRI was done yesterday, so I am waiting on results and worrying more than I need to about it. LOL

I am now also suspicious if this dizziness is mostly anxiety related or not. They feed each other I understand. I also take BP meds, which say they can cause dizziness, maybe I just never noticed it before and now I am hyper focusing causing a loop. Just a thought here.

Cheers
    God bless!

A more accurate explanation of these sensations would be a rocking/bobbing. .
    I have had episodes of something similar over the years - usually when I am about and about. I can be walking along the road when all of a sudden I feel as if I am walking on pillows. In my head I lose my balance/equilibrium, head feels like it is swaying about (it isn't), and I have to stop walking and 're-set' myself for a second whilst I regain focus and set off again. Only last a few seconds but pulls me up short every time.

Have always put it down to fibromyalgia irritation or at the least a problem with tension in the shoulders or back of neck - all of which can make you feel temporarily dizzy or lightheaded. As others have suggested it can also be an inner ear problem. But the pressure and heaviness that you describe at the base of the skull would suggest tension in the neck or shoulders. It doesn't seem to happen when you are lying prone and you neck and shoulders are relaxed. I always feel generally more at ease when I am lying down and relaxing muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by EspElement View Post
    Hello! I am new here! By chance did these happen to show up after having Covid? I too have been suffering from dizziness now, and it started after getting Covid, about 6 weeks later. It turns out, many people are experiencing this. I am here now because I am nervous about an MRI of my brain that was called for me Tuesday by a second opinion ENT. I believe the MRI was in abundance of caution but I have had this dizziness off and on for 6 months. As far as that, the MRI was done yesterday, so I am waiting on results and worrying more than I need to about it. LOL

I am now also suspicious if this dizziness is mostly anxiety related or not. They feed each other I understand. I also take BP meds, which say they can cause dizziness, maybe I just never noticed it before and now I am hyper focusing causing a loop. Just a thought here.

Cheers
    God bless!
    MRI was clear thank God!

Thread Information