Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why am I so afraid of my body?

Re: Apologies to all, but it is my forehead now

Guys, thank you all so very much. Prozac was prescribed three days ago ( when I saw my doctor), and I did not pick it up yet. I was over the years on Zoloft, Lexapro, and Clonozepam, and off of all for a couple of years. We wanted to try Prozac now because , apparently, it is one of the SSRIs which has been proven to be very good for OCD and Anxiety. Little scared to start because it apparently has many side effects but I hope it would start working soon. I am aware of my situation, but it is like a demon over which one simply has no control. It is like you have two minds: one is reason, and you are aware that there is a raging anxiety, and the other is demon possessed part of mind that makes you touch your forehead ( or whatever it is at any given moment), million times.

BTW, if anyone has anything to say about Prozac, I would appreciate. The doctor is starting me on the smallest dose. I read through the medication sub-forums, and some people like were helped by it, and some others could not stand the side effects.

Thank you all again

Lana

Re: Why am I so afraid of my body?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Why am I so afraid of my body?

Nice to know I'm not the only one that tries to avoid mirrors. I shave my face in the least amount of light possible

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information