Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why am I so afraid of my body?

Small bump or dent on skull, please read

By mere accident I felt on the left side on the top of my skull something like a little bump or a tiny dent. I have no idea if this has been there always, ( or for a long time), but I think there is no symmetrical thing on the other side. I am freaking out. It does not hurt or anything, it is hard to find, but now I know it is there and I keep on feeling for it and touching it. Is it worth going to the doctors? Please reply if you have similar things on your skull. Thank you.

Re: Small bump or dent on skull, please read

Hey guys, please someone respond. Thank you

We're not made of porcelain

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa, thank you so much for responding.

So you think these are normal? Shall I just drop it? (If I can, of course). Do you have any on your head?

Thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    Fishmanpa, thank you so much for responding.

So you think these are normal? Shall I just drop it? (If I can, of course). Do you have any on your head?

Thank you again
    As I said, we're not made of porcelain

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Can you remember what made you want to start feeling your scalp because it's not normally something we do accidentally? Anything you read online? Any triggers or stress-related incidents?

Scalps aren't smooth and symmetrical..I've just had a feel of mine and it's certainly not dent-free!! I doubt whether you will be able to hold off going to see your doctor again but it's not something that I would give a second thought to but I'm sure this won't reassure you, Lana. I'm sorry you are very worried x

Fishmanpa & Pulisa, thank you both very much.

It has been an extremely stressful week, and I scared myself at least several times withing the last two weeks or so. Several horrible health scares, but for one I visited a doctor and that was done and over, some others I fought with myself, and somehow managed. And then this last night. I have no idea why I felt my scalp, but it is almost as if sometimes I am looking for something scary without being even aware of it.

I felt my other side, and now I think there is a very similar thing there, but smaller. So I guess, they are just not symmetrical, like anything else on the body.

Pulisa, you response actually helped a lot and thank you again.

Why am I so afraid of my body?

My health anxiety is so bad now that am am barely able to function. I have suffered with it for 20 years or longer but since having campylobacter food poisoning last October my anxiety has taken me over. I also have emetophobia ..... fear of vomiting and I seem to also have a phobia of diarhea, or in fact, just going to the toilet. I am terrified of my bowels and my gut. I am sensitised to every gurgle or twinge and every day I am sure I am getting diarrhea again.

The campylobacter lasted for 6 weeks, it has left me traumatised actually and I am having trauma therepy and CBT, but my life is ruled by my poops at the moment. Sometimes I am constipated and I immediately think I have a bowel blockage from bowel cancer, then I will suddenly have loose poop and be terrified I am coming down with the bug, or any bug.

It is hard to explain really. The fear is there no matter what, every day all day. It is really hard to live with and I feel almost at the end of the road, as nothing seems to help me to put this behind me.

I am so terribly afraid of my body and I can see I have some sort of bowel obsession. I am also too afraid to have a colonoscopy because of the bowel prep.

Can anyone relate at all?

Re: Why am I so afraid of my body?

Hi Jessie,

I had a case of the Deja vu's when I read this (thought I was having a brain blip) and that's because you recently posted a similar thread.. (bowel worries)

This is basically the same post with a different title. You had responses on the other thread so why the new one?

Re: Why am I so afraid of my body?

I can relate 100 %. being ruled by OCD and anxiety for close to 20 years. C Diff more than 6 years ago created a monstrous germaphob of me to boot. I also hate mirrors, and try to almost never use it because I am always afraid of what I may see ( some new spot, or a mole, or whatever...) Scared of going to the bathroom for years now.

So, I know, it is a horrible way to live one's life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information