Thread: Urine Color confusion......

Urine Color confusion......

Super embarrassing 😳 but........

I have been feeling extremely tired and dehydrated lately. However whenever I went to the bathroom, my urine was always a clear color in the toilet bowl so I assumed that I was well hydrated. However today I needed to pee in a cup at the doctor's office and when I peed in the cup, the color was dark yellow. I am not sure which color to take as the truth. My doctor often remarks that I seem dehydrated. But I always just assumed that I was well hydrated because of the color being clear. Maybe it gets diluted when it hits the bowl, I don't know. It's confusing.....

Re: Urine Color confusion......

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon123 View Post
    Super embarrassing  but........

I have been feeling extremely tired and dehydrated lately. However whenever I went to the bathroom, my urine was always a clear color in the toilet bowl so I assumed that I was well hydrated. However today I needed to pee in a cup at the doctor's office and when I peed in the cup, the color was dark yellow. I am not sure which color to take as the truth. My doctor often remarks that I seem dehydrated. But I always just assumed that I was well hydrated because of the color being clear. Maybe it gets diluted when it hits the bowl, I don't know. It's confusing.....
    You've answered your own question..

Obviously, peeing into water will dilute your urine giving it a lighter colour than it actually is and darker urine usually means that you just need to drink more water (dehydration)

Re: Urine Color confusion......

if your urine is clear, you're over hydrated, it's actually a myth that clear pee means good, it's okay for your pee to be a light yellow, however really dark is a sign of dehydration.

Thread Information