Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you believe in reincarnation and anxiety

Re: Do you believe in reincarnation and anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I was on the codeine at 3am this morning so I'm currently typing five words per minute..

Speaking of snails..

We have one in our sunroom. Sid Snail is leaving his slimy trails all over my shelves, chair and Pot Pourri. I also have a coaster with Johnny Rotten's face on it and he's slimed over that too (only it seems quite fitting for a punk lol) and I will be buggered if I can find the little sod!

Meanwhile, he's living his best life in my conservatory (ok, it's a lean-to)
    I'm going to believe Sid's previous life was that of an avid Sex Pistols fan who was heartbroken over Johnny not signing his t-shirt that one time. Now he exacts his revenge in the form of slime trails, the only action that is simultaneously disparaging, yet oh so punk.

A great big NO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    I'm going to believe Sid's previous life was that of an avid Sex Pistols fan who was heartbroken over Johnny not signing his t-shirt that one time. Now he exacts his revenge in the form of slime trails, the only action that is simultaneously disparaging, yet oh so punk.
    I love how your brain works, Raptor!!

I'm a pretty big skeptic, but there are some things that have happened in my life that I can't find an explanation for, and in a way, I don't really want to. I'm happy to accept that I don't know everything, and whatever I experienced could be nothing, or something. While I don't believe in reincarnation, I like the concept of "snippets of our code" or energy being recycled into different forms. Maybe ghosts are echoes of a life once lived, or perhaps the person is living once again through a different form of energy that physics hasn't quite nailed down. Perhaps a deer stops still in the forest as it experiences a brief memory of its 8th birthday party that had a great big bouncy castle and birthday cake. Again, big skeptic here, but the concept of it all is very fun.

Oh, and if it was real, I don't know if any of us would be aware that we had "come back", so the anxiety thing wouldn't even carry over. It might just be a vague sensation of having been somebody or something before. Like maybe you just have this immense urge to jump into a cardboard box, or knock things off shelves, but never know you were a rowdy housecat in a previous life.
    Last edited by WorryRaptor; 29-07-22 at 14:06.

Oh, oooooh... Where am I?... Are you... are you the Grim Reaper?

Well, just recently I’ve stopped using the Grim part. It sounds sooo unpleasant. You could say it’s a reputation I’m trying to live down, ha ha hah! But indeed I am he, Ms... just let me check my list... Ms.... Anne... Thrope...? No, that’s not right... Trope?... Thorpe...?

But! What? There must be some mistake, er, Mr Reaper!

Ahh, they all say that. If I had a penny for every time I’ve heard that, I’d have enough money to buy a shedful of scythes. But no, absolutely no mistake. Anyway, no time to chat, I’m working to a deadline, ho ho ho! It only remains for me to say have a great, out-of-this-world, oblivion experience and....(SSWISHHH!) congratulations, you’ve passed!.... Next!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information