Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in reincarnation and anxiety

Do you believe in reincarnation and anxiety

I been seeing many who believe in it and I wonder why I find it very scary. I hate thought of it and all things people associate with it. I’m starting to worry about it it’s real. Do you guys thinks it’s real is there any proof I hope it’s not

Re: Do you believe in reincarnation and anxiety

This has crossed my own mind from time to time. I'm assuming you mean being born again and living through another life of anxiety all over again. That's pretty scary for sure. That said I think this current life of anxiety is enough to keep me occupied.

And it all falls apart if we believe in just one life?

I think it’s cause we really don’t know what happens after death and since we don’t know there’s way to prove it’s not real. I find it horrible to think you would be a different person not have the people you love in this life. Then there’s the belief that reincarnation means your here to learn a lesion and stuff about karma which is terrifying I hate that stuff. I was wondering if anyone here really truly thought with all those stories out there if it’s real or not

Quote Originally Posted by scaredgirl86 View Post
    I think it’s cause we really don’t know what happens after death and since we don’t know there’s way to prove it’s not real. I find it horrible to think you would be a different person not have the people you love in this life.
    I struggle to get my head around reincarnation because of the time differences in me having some of my paranormal experiences and someone dying. For instance, there was a six year delay between my grandmother's death and her 'visit' to me. There's just been an eleven year delay between my mother dying and her supposedly speaking to me via a medium. That said, time is a human concept. Someone can have a very deep and prolonged NDE where they feel they've been away for hours, days, months or even years but they've only be 'dead' for a matter of minutes..

People have regression hypnotherapy and 'discover' that they've had a different relationship with someone in the past. For instance, I could have been my husband's mother in a past life. To be fair, I kind of feel like that now at times, especially when I'm bollocking him about leaving his dirty undies on the floor. Or I could be my son's brother (and him be a girl) it's all very confusing but there are some really intriguing stories of reincarnation involving children where it's hard to disbelieve the evidence based on the unlikeliness of them having such knowledge at such a young age..

Then there’s the belief that reincarnation means your here to learn a lesion and stuff about karma which is terrifying I hate that stuff. I was wondering if anyone here really truly thought with all those stories out there if it’s real or not
    Karma isn't fate; it's about intention. It isn't punishment. And it's also not black and white. If I told I lie to protect someone else, that's not bad because the intention was good. If I tell a lie to hurt someone (or to cover my own behaviour) I have to live with this negative energy until I resolve it..

You're obviously scared by this stuff (which isn't at all scary) so where are you getting your information from?

Who's to say, that if there is reincarnation, that the next time round it could be completely anxiety free. It might be that in the karmic universe it's decided that you suffered enough this time round, so next time you're going to have a blast?

I'll put my request in for slightly longer legs next time, mine are overly short.

Nope. You die and become worm food/fertiliser (except cremation, then you skip the worm food bit).

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    Nope. You die and become worm food/fertiliser (except cremation, then you skip the worm food bit).
    I find this belief a lot more comforting than the reincarnation theory. The Revenge of the Worms! They get you in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    We are not just a body. We have consciousness. So what happens to this consciousness when our bodies shut down?

NDE accounts have been around for centuries but more recently we've had Sam Parnia's AWARE study on awareness, memories and consciousness during cardiac arrest - as in people who were 'dead' with no heart beat or brain function for periods of time..

The body get's barbequed in cremation (changes form) and smoke is sent out into the atmosphere (where it will change form again) but that doesn't account for consciousness, as in, that which makes us human.

Consciousness is energy (as everything is energy) and energy cannot be destroyed, it can only change form. So the 'when you're dead you're dead' theory just doesn't work for me...
    Last edited by NoraB; 01-07-22 at 08:24.

Does "awareness" die with zero brain stem activity? What are the theories around that concept, Nora?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Does "awareness" die with zero brain stem activity? What are the theories around that concept, Nora?
    WARNING you are entering one of Nora's obsession areas (lol)

Save yourself P, I could literally bang on about this stuff for days..

If you mean a flat EEG, then there is a well documented case (Pam Reynolds) where she reported a very in-depth NDE (with details verified by theatre staff) during an operation where there had to be zero brain activity and no heartbeat..

There are, of course, plenty of theories and criticisms about this case and whether or not she had the NDE when she was flat-lined or if it happened when she was coming out of anaesthesia..

I've been under GA, twice, and I have no recollection of anything after counting to about 6 and then waking up in recovery...

However, Sam Parnia states that just because somebody doesn't remember having an NDE (or OBE) doesn't mean that they didn't have one..

My first GA experience went fine, no issues. Second time, I woke up and couldn't stop crying. I was crying like somebody had died. The next morning my mum died (and without warning) and though I had no cardiac issues under GA, I do wonder if something happened while I was conked out? My other 'paranormal' experiences are what's caused me to consider this. I do have dream experiences with deceased people etc and that's without drugs being pumped into my system so, I don't know - maybe?

I also had the dream (about 9.30 am the next morning) where I was at my nan's house (mum's mum) and she looked about 35 (she was 77 when she died and in her 60's when I was born) and we were putting things into black plastic sacks. Everything was as it should be with the house (EXACTLY) except for one door which didn't belong there, and my nan told me I wasn't to open it. I woke up feeling something was wrong, so wrong that I phoned my mum (I never phoned her on Saturday because she always went out) but I couldn't get rid of the niggle. I ended up phoning my brother and he agreed to go round. Two hours after my dream, he phoned and told me she was dead. (the paramedics said she's been dead for about two hours)

I know some people will say, Nora, it was the anaesthesia still in your system cocker. But I struggle to accept how I would have such a vivid dream like that at the time my mother was dying?

Oh, and later that day me and my brothers were putting Mum's things into black sacks...(just like in my dream)

My nan (I think) was trying to get through to prepare/warn me, and maybe something happened under GA but I couldn't recall anything. It's possible. (Or, I just reacted weirdly to coming out of the GA)

Difference with me is that I don't discount either - despite my beliefs being what they are..

I know that many people discount consciousness surviving death (as spectrum has) and that's fine; each to their own, eh? But I've put decades of research into this stuff after I had that experience with my other nan in 82. I don't just read people's anecdotes; I read scientific studies. I read from both sides. Doctors, scientists, sceptics - someone called June whose heart stopped and she spent some happy time with her deceased rellies before she was shocked back into life. And on the subject of anecdotal evidence - which many 'sceptics' discount as being worthless. Anecdotal evidence is used in courts every day. It means something; it matters.. Credible people are putting time and money into consciousness surviving death research and I do think we're getting closer (AWARE) but I also think that, overall, it would be a bad idea to prove this beyond all doubt, and for obvious reasons..

One of these days I'll just answer a specific question and that it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information