Thread: Dripping sensation as if I’m on an elevator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dripping sensation as if I’m on an elevator

Hi everyone,

Im on vacation right now so I’m scared but yesterday I got this terrible dropping sensation. It happened while waiting in line, like when you’re on an elevator. And it’s happening again by just sitting here.

It scares me so much. Anything ever had this before?

Re: Dripping sensation as if I’m on an elevator

Have you been travelling on trains/boats a lot?

I had something similar while travelling around France years ago. Mine was while walking. Felt like I was walking on a ship, or going in an elevator like you described. I also felt nauseous as well.

Not sure what caused it. Could have been exhaustion, or all the train travelling. But it was most likely an inner ear infection/issue judging by things online. Cleared up on its own around week after returning home. It happened again a few years later, but again, just went away.

Re: Dripping sensation as if I’m on an elevator

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Have you been travelling on trains/boats a lot?

I had something similar while travelling around France years ago. Mine was while walking. Felt like I was walking on a ship, or going in an elevator like you described. I also felt nauseous as well.

Not sure what caused it. Could have been exhaustion, or all the train travelling. But it was most likely an inner ear infection/issue judging by things online. Cleared up on its own around week after returning home. It happened again a few years later, but again, just went away.
    Wow! That’s very interesting. I haven’t travelled in a boat at all, but have been doing a lot of driving in the car. 14 hour drive to get here. Now today another 5 hours. But I find that it didn’t start happening until I rode in an elevator, then I kept feeling that dropping sensation. Then it went away for two days.

Yesterday was the worst because we were at a shop that was right on the water (although it was stable). But I remember looking out the window and getting that dropping sensation from seeing the water move around.

However, I find anxiety makes it worse so I’m unsure if it’s the car rides/motion sickness type of thing or just anxiety! I didn’t have it at all yesterday evening (after the afternoon episode), as well as today until I waited in line again someplace else and I was anxious about it happening and of course it started up again.
    My ears click often and sometimes feel clogged. So I wonder if it could be related to that.

Thread Information