Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scary ultrasound result ovarian cyst

Re: Scary ultrasound result ovarian cyst

Is it also on your cervix?

Honestly I felt so much better about this yesterday and almost started to forget about it. I felt confident that if the radiologist did find it to be concerning then I would be sent for other referrals. But the OCD part of me keeps thinking that the doc missed something.

One of my favourite instagrammers’ sister in law recently passed away due to cancer and she was 34. This was sooooo triggering for me. And really scared me.

So I am still waiting for an appointment. I got moved to Wednesday for a phone follow-up. I’ve spent the whole weekend miserable. I have now learned that vascularity on an ultrasound is NOT good. I made the mistake of asking a fellow user on the “what to expect when you’re expecting” app who turned out to be a sonographer and this person scared me even more. She said she usually doesn’t see vascular regions in the cervix and it could be something else but it’s not normal and has to be followed up. I just wanted to know if it could be benign and she pretty much said no.

Can a radiologist miss cancer?

Hey everyone,

I had an ultrasound done last Wednesday. They forwarded me the reports right away. I saw the technician’s notes and the radiologist’s opinion on top. The technician had noted some vascularity in my cervix. But the radiologist’s opinion didn’t even mention the cervix and only talked about my pregnancy. Could he have missed cancer? Does this happen?

I have a follow up booked for tomorrow. I asked the receptionist if my doc had seen the results and if there was anything abnormal and the receptionist said the doc would have called me personally if there was some abnormality. I just can NOT relax though. I know vascularity is a really really bad word when it comes to ultrasounds. I’m so so so so scared that something has been missed

Re: Can a radiologist miss cancer?

Not to mention I messaged some pregnant moms on a discussion board and some of the sonographers in that group freaked me out and were adamant that I follow up as vascularity is rarely ever normal. One of them did mention it could be cervical inflammation or a fibroid. I just don’t get why the radiologist didn’t mention this in his opinion?

Re: Can a radiologist miss cancer?

Hi Katniss,

We can’t answer this and neither can those mums on the board. We haven’t seen the images or notes and we’re not qualified- neither are those women who gave their opinions, despite their jobs.

You know that you are spiralling, and your anxiety has sent you off seeking reassurance, but it’s just got worse because of some strangers opinions.

You have your appointment today and I suggest you take a list of questions, so that you don’t miss anything.

In my experience of pregnancy, they don’t tend to hang around if there’s an issue, they move quickly to do what’s necessary for you and your baby.

When I was pregnant I got special pregnancy relaxation audiobook & listened to it once a day. Pregnancy can heighten anxiety if you’re a sufferer, I know it did for me.

Let us know how you get on today xx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Katniss, how did you get on?

Thanks for asking I spoke to the doc and she said it’s nothing to be worried especially in context of the pregnancy where hormones cause extra blood collection in different areas of the body. So she said it’s just that, but we can take another look at it when we do the second ultrasound for baby.

That’s very reassuring x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information