Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scary ultrasound result ovarian cyst

Re: Scary ultrasound result ovarian cyst

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    this person scared me even more. (...) I just wanted to know if it could be benign and she pretty much said no.

I spoke to the doc and she said it’s nothing to be worried(...)
    And that is the difference between asking a professional and a random person on the internet who claims to have knowledge on the subject. I know it, you know it and everyone else knows it. The question is: why did you still do it?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for asking I spoke to the doc and she said it’s nothing to be worried especially in context of the pregnancy where hormones cause extra blood collection in different areas of the body. So she said it’s just that, but we can take another look at it when we do the second ultrasound for baby.
    Just read this whole thread and was about to offer some reassurance, but it sounds like your doc put your mind at rest.
    Glad to hear you got some answers.

I had a bit of a scare a couple of years back. They saw something on my ovary, and everything was fast tracked at super speed. I was terrified. They told me it was an abnormal cyst that didn't look benign, and they couldn't be sure it wasn't malignant. I was on a forum where people were waiting on their US results to find out if it was the big C or not, and lots of users were cancer nurses who would say that ultrasounds were the gold standard for spotting ovarian cancer. I was 99% convinced I had it, and when I was fast tracked to an oncologist, she said she had no idea why on earth they thought they had seen an abnormal cyst. She said the image quality was bad, and used her "better" machine. Showed me a clear scan that only had the normal string of pearls PCOS cysts I've always had. She guessed that I had ovulated before the first scan, and my egg follicle had collapsed at the time of the scan and mimicked a suspect mass/cyst.

All of those professionals on that forum had essentially told me ultrasounds were very rarely wrong, and that I should be positive because they'd likely caught something early. I was preparing myself for a fight against a disease I didn't have.

It's all about context

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    Just read this whole thread and was about to offer some reassurance, but it sounds like your doc put your mind at rest.
    Glad to hear you got some answers.

I had a bit of a scare a couple of years back. They saw something on my ovary, and everything was fast tracked at super speed. I was terrified. They told me it was an abnormal cyst that didn't look benign, and they couldn't be sure it wasn't malignant. I was on a forum where people were waiting on their US results to find out if it was the big C or not, and lots of users were cancer nurses who would say that ultrasounds were the gold standard for spotting ovarian cancer. I was 99% convinced I had it, and when I was fast tracked to an oncologist, she said she had no idea why on earth they thought they had seen an abnormal cyst. She said the image quality was bad, and used her "better" machine. Showed me a clear scan that only had the normal string of pearls PCOS cysts I've always had. She guessed that I had ovulated before the first scan, and my egg follicle had collapsed at the time of the scan and mimicked a suspect mass/cyst.

All of those professionals on that forum had essentially told me ultrasounds were very rarely wrong, and that I should be positive because they'd likely caught something early. I was preparing myself for a fight against a disease I didn't have.

It's all about context

What a great post, I wish I could pin it.
    Glad you’re ok too.

So glad you’re okay!

Just an update; I had my second ultrasound to see my little baby today. I saw baby with heartbeat and all 🥹 Thank God.

I told the technician that last time I came the sonographer had noted some vascularity in my cervix on my ultrasound. The tech said if the radiologist had found it concerning they would have said something, and she read the note herself and said “I wouldn’t be concerned”. Is this enough for me to stop worrying about that “vascular heterogeneous area” now? Or should I keep having them check that area? Should I let it go? Mind you, todays was an external ultrasound, not internal. The sonographer last time noted it during the internal.

WorryRaptor: I meant to respond to you, not sure what happened! But I am sooo glad you’re okay! That must have been so scary. What a relief! And yes, you’re right. I’m not asking random nurses and sonographers on the internet anything now lol

Should I chase this further or just let it go?

Should I chase this further or just let it go?
    I read through the thread and the medical census clearly is not concerned and that's all the reassurance you need and answers your question. Congrats on the baby and as far as your question above?...

Go.jpg

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information