Thread: Worried if I have got bleach in mouth..

Worried if I have got bleach in mouth..

Just bleached the toilets got distracted and forgot to wash my hands and touched my mouth.

Worried if there was any bleach on my hands I have now accidentally swallowed a small amount.

Should I be concerned here?

Re: Worried if I have got bleach in mouth..

Heres how you logically rationalise this type of situation :

So, you basically touched the bleach bottle and dispensed it into the toilet (didn't swoosh your hand around in neat bleach presumably), so the chances are none was on your hands anyway. However, even if a speck or two was on your hands, whats the chances it didn't dry first before you touched your mouth. Even if you touched your mouth with a wet speck or two, and it wasn't dry, it would be on your lips and round your mouth - as presumably you didn't shoved your fingers and hands to the back of your palate. Lets presume that you did that though, shoved your hands with a few specks of wet bleach to the back of your throat and by chance swallowed a itsy bitsy bleach fraction of nothingness. It would be watered down by your saliva and entirely of no concern. Heres something else - bleach smells and tastes bad, any bleach in your mouth of any concern you would have smelled and tasted anyway and it would have caused irritation immediately and you'd know about it ! You need to have a few spoonfuls of bleach to make yourself ill.

Did you know that Milton fluid (which you use to sterilise babies bottles and suchlike is a mild bleaching solution, that doesn't even need to be rinsed off after use)

So, there we go - you are only worried about 'if' there was bleach on your hand, so chances are there wasn't, but even if there was it was of no consequence given the facts I've put above.

Excellent comment Carys!

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Heres how you logically rationalise this type of situation :

So, you basically touched the bleach bottle and dispensed it into the toilet (didn't swoosh your hand around in neat bleach presumably), so the chances are none was on your hands anyway. However, even if a speck or two was on your hands, whats the chances it didn't dry first before you touched your mouth. Even if you touched your mouth with a wet speck or two, and it wasn't dry, it would be on your lips and round your mouth - as presumably you didn't shoved your fingers and hands to the back of your palate. Lets presume that you did that though, shoved your hands with a few specks of wet bleach to the back of your throat and by chance swallowed a itsy bitsy bleach fraction of nothingness. It would be watered down by your saliva and entirely of no concern. Heres something else - bleach smells and tastes bad, any bleach in your mouth of any concern you would have smelled and tasted anyway and it would have caused irritation immediately and you'd know about it ! You need to have a few spoonfuls of bleach to make yourself ill.

Did you know that Milton fluid (which you use to sterilise babies bottles and suchlike is a mild bleaching solution, that doesn't even need to be rinsed off after use)

So, there we go - you are only worried about 'if' there was bleach on your hand, so chances are there wasn't, but even if there was it was of no consequence given the facts I've put above.
    Thank you. I did read this the day you replied and it calmed me down so much I really appreciate that

That's ok - theres nothing magic about it - its the sort of thing you can do yourself easily. It just takes practice.

Thread Information