After a few-year hiatus from the board, I'm back.

Current worry: I'm a teacher, this past year I have noticed more vocal fatigue by the end of the day, had bad bouts of laryngitis in November and allergy related post-nasal drip coughing fits in May. My vocal fatigue and raspiness has gotten worse and by the last week of school I couldn't talk for more than ten minutes to my classes.

Finally went to primary care and got a referral to ENT (appt in 2.5 weeks). They also did a thyroid ultrasound and it was clear. I've been pretty anxious about it and been trying to calm my fears with the thought that it is probably GERD LPR. (Been diagnosed with it in the past) I've been on ppis for a week and started the acid watchers diet a week ago.

Simultaneously, back in December at my dental screening they use the "velscope" early cancer screening device and noticed a small area at the back right of my throat. (soft palate)They said it could be inflammation from anything (probably my laryngitis). I didnt worry much. They said they would recheck in 6 months.

This morning I had my 6 month dental appointment and the "area of concern" is still there and now visibly red. They told me to follow up with my primary care and ENT.

I'm hoping it could be related to LPR? I haven't been sick at all and frankly I am freaking out that I have throat cancer.

I go back to my primary care dr this afternoon to discuss going back on ssri meds for this increased anxiety... but will be asking if she can somehow get me seen sooner and/or order some other tests.

Anyone have LPR or an unusual "velscope" screening before?