Thread: Seagulls

Seagulls

I was attacked by some seagulls tonight in near by street they chased me to my own front door in a street they were not actually nesting. I chased them on but they kept swooping I’m worried they will come back to my house as I chased them on how good a memory does a seagull have? I hope nobody seen me dance round street chasing them either
    Last edited by phil06; 01-07-22 at 22:50.

Re: Seagulls

Sorry Phil but this had me ! I grew up in NJ and visited the Jersey Shore throughout my life and definitely encountered seagulls. Frankly, they're one badass bird! They have absolutely no fear or boundaries. This was actually a news story on a local channel and I can't stop laughing! (The reporter in shorts just cracks me up). Serious news story eh? I can just imagine the video your encounter would have been

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I was attacked by some seagulls tonight in near by street they chased me to my own front door in a street they were not actually nesting. I chased them on but they kept swooping I’m worried they will come back to my house as I chased them on how good a memory does a seagull have? I hope nobody seen me dance round street chasing them either
    Were you eating chips?

I live in seagull territory and they will appear to be attacking you if they see you have food. They swoop to get your attention and will snatch food if you leave it exposed.
    I very much doubt they will come to your house.

Seagulls are indeed cocky little sods but I very much doubt they hold grudges and will start watching your house.
    I live in raptor territory and when they’re swooping Im scared to let the damn cat out.

Ghost…Spillways

Leave the card game Pairs outside, and observe how many matches they make in an hour. That should give you sufficient data on their ability to memorise an address.

Jokes aside, they're unlikely to remember where you live, and even if they know, they probably won't bother visiting. Seagulls are opportunistic b*stards yes, but they're low effort thieves, and clever enough to find where the big pay offs are. They're far more likely to hang around the local chip shop, or gang up on some unsuspecting tourists trying to have a picnic on the beach.

There was a car park attendant in Gloucester who had a problem with one seagull. The car park was in Wellington Street, so some knew the gull as the Wellington Bomber!

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...eagull-3313942

Did said gull smash through a Rear Window? Maybe it had a touch of Vertigo? Or it could just have been a Psycho bird?

The gull family are opportunists and don't take anything personally Phil. The species harassing you are usually either Herring gulls or Lesser Black Backed. Think yourself lucky its not a Great Black Backed, they're the world's largest.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    The gull family are opportunists and don't take anything personally Phil. The species harassing you are usually either Herring gulls or Lesser Black Backed. Think yourself lucky its not a Great Black Backed, they're the world's largest.
    I think the Great Black Backed was the subject of "Tweet Of The Day" on Radio 4 yesterday morning.

Thread Information