Thread: Back after some years

Back after some years

So, it has been some years since I posted here and my anxiety has gone up and down. First some update - I have had a tragic loss in the family as my father passed away from cancer recently. It did not send my anxiety up the roof, I have struggled mostly with grief, and in a strange way I sort of put my own cancer anxiety on "pause" during his ilness. However, after recent endoscopy I had they dod found what they found a "benign" tumor in my stomach which was removed, but just the way they presented it, "benign tumor" wit some changes in the cell sent my anxiety up the roof again. Were they saying I actually had cancer? In some way? Sometimes the information is confusing. And I am back in the deep end at the same time of struggling with grief and loss.
    Last edited by paranoid-viking; 02-07-22 at 11:32.

Re: Back after some years

A benign tumour is exactly that…a benign tumour. Not malignant..not cancerous…it’s benign.

im so sorry about your father, it’s odd how in times of crisis our anxiety seems to take a back seat. We are stronger than we think. But it’s still lurking and it’s natural really with the tragic loss of your father that it should spike again with your own issue.

Just concentrate on the facts..the doctors found a tumour and removed it. They biopsied it after the op and found it to be benign. Then it was disposed of. The end.
    The doctors aren’t worried or they wouldn’t have discharged you. You would still be under their care.

Stay strong.

Ghost…Spillways

Can you reach out to the dr that did the procedure or read the report and ask some questions? Even your primary care doctor can explain the findings. Did they tell you to repeat the procedure in 5 years, etc? Definitely reach out for more clarification but the word "benign" means not cancerous.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sorry about your dad, PV...

RE your tumour: benign means not cancer. It won't spread elsewhere like cancer does. Plus, it's gone. They've removed it...

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    A benign tumour is exactly that…a benign tumour. Not malignant..not cancerous…it’s benign.

im so sorry about your father, it’s odd how in times of crisis our anxiety seems to take a back seat. We are stronger than we think. But it’s still lurking and it’s natural really with the tragic loss of your father that it should spike again with your own issue.

Just concentrate on the facts..the doctors found a tumour and removed it. They biopsied it after the op and found it to be benign. Then it was disposed of. The end.
    The doctors aren’t worried or they wouldn’t have discharged you. You would still be under their care.

Stay strong.
    Thanks. But they did not just dispose of it. They have sent it in to analysis after removal. Why if it is nothing to worry about? I dont know cause I dont know much about all this. Could it be that it is something mestasised from another organ or am I way out in the rabbit hole here?

Quote Originally Posted by emmegee View Post
    Can you reach out to the dr that did the procedure or read the report and ask some questions? Even your primary care doctor can explain the findings. Did they tell you to repeat the procedure in 5 years, etc? Definitely reach out for more clarification but the word "benign" means not cancerous.

Every 6 month they say or come back for another endoscopy in 6 months meaning they do take this stuff seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    Thanks. But they did not just dispose of it. They have sent it in to analysis after removal. Why if it is nothing to worry about? I dont know cause I dont know much about all this. Could it be that it is something mestasised from another organ or am I way out in the rabbit hole here?
    So they sent the sample to pathology. There will be a separate report, unless that report was included in the information you already received. Generally, whenever I have a procedure (endoscopy, colonoscopy) that take a biopsy and send it to pathology. For example they found and removed a polyp during my colonoscopy. Usually the person doing the procedure has a clear indication of what it is and lets you know. And then if the pathology results are concerning they contact you for further treatment or tests. Did they tell you to expect a further report?

They did dispose of it. They removed it..biopsied it and sent the sample to path, found it wasn’t cancerous and binned it with other clinical waste. ALL bits and bobs removed like this are sent for analysis in the path labs. It’s procedure.

After looking at it, your was stamped benign. You’re overthinking this, worrying about every word in the report unnecessarily.

Ghost…Spillways

But I can not stop worrying. I just called the other day to the hospital and they told me ut is between 3 to 6 week to analyze the tumor. And I was asking the question of what could it be in worst case scenario and they replied "in worst case...well it could be cancerous". I can not stop worrying. As I said, I lost my dad to cancer so this anxiety now is eating me up inside. They told me it was a

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    And I was asking the question of what could it be in worst case scenario and they replied "in worst case...well it could be cancerous". I can not stop worrying. As I said, I lost my dad to cancer so this anxiety now is eating me up inside.
    You asked for the worst case scenario and they answered you. What were you expecting them to say? (But it's also the least likely scenario)

Thread Information