Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stomach problems, worried its serious

Stomach problems, worried its serious

Hello all

I havent been on this forum for quite some time, but I am struggling once again.

I caught COVID for the first time two weeks ago, and today I have finally tested negative. However, I am really struggling with digestive problems, which dont seem to be subsiding.

I am really worried that the problems are nothing to do with Covid, and I have something like stomach or pancreatic cancer. My BIL died of PC at the beginning of this year, and mys sister, his wife, died of cancer 10 months before him, so its never far from my mind.

So, the symptoms I have been having are:

A low level nausea, constantly
    Lack of appetite
    Burning stomach
    Griping pains in abdomen
    Strange taste in mouth
    Random pains, like pressing under my ribs
    Bloating
    tender stomach

I also feel quite weak, and sometimes feel like a hot sweat comes over me, especially first thing in the morning, sort of like a sugar crash

I am going to try to get a doctors appointment, but needed to write this all down, as I am freaking out.

I was not anxious, so I cant put it down to that.

RootyTooty x
    Last edited by Rootytooty; 04-07-22 at 09:50.

Re: Stomach problems, worried its serious

Quote Originally Posted by Rootytooty View Post
    Hello all

I havent been on this forum for quite some time, but I am struggling once again.

I caught COVID for the first time two weeks ago, and today I have finally tested negative. However, I am really struggling with digestive problems, which dont seem to be subsiding.

I am really worried that the problems are nothing to do with Covid, and I have something like stomach or pancreatic cancer. My BIL died of PC at the beginning of this year, and mys sister, his wife, died of cancer 10 months before him, so its never far from my mind.

So, the symptoms I have been having are:

A low level nausea, constantly
    Lack of appetite
    Burning stomach
    Griping pains in abdomen
    Strange taste in mouth
    Random pains, like pressing under my ribs
    Bloating
    tender stomach

I also feel quite weak, and sometimes feel like a hot sweat comes over me, especially first thing in the morning, sort of like a sugar crash

I am going to try to get a doctors appointment, but needed to write this all down, as I am freaking out.

I was not anxious, so I cant put it down to that.

RootyTooty x
    But you're clearly highly anxious now..

Also, by your own admittance you have the cancer niggle..

Not COVID, but I had THE STOMACH BUG FROM HELL a couple of months ago. Both ends; WOLLOP. Literally only just getting back to normal (my normal, that is - which is crap)

Our bodies need time to get back to normal. You won't be doing yourself any favours in freaking out over other people's cancers.

Sorry to hear about your sister. That will have affected you psychologically; it's no wonder you're going down the rabbit hole now but try to stay rational..

Hi NoraB

Thank you so much for replying to my message;

I find it really hard to believe that its nothing serious, as no one else I have spoken to has had these problems with COVID. I know I need to calm down a bit. Ive recently movedto a new area, and yesterday I went to register at the local GP surgery. I dont know how long it will take them to register me, and worried that I should be getting myself checked out, but cant.

Tea especially makes me feel nauseous, as does coffee to a lesser extent. I only drink decaff, so it cant be the caffeine.

I have been trying to think what could have caused all of this (if not covid). A few days in to my COVID illness, I took a couple of Boots good gut for women probiotics. Within an hour, I had the most terrible stomach cramps, and had to rush to the toilet with explosive results (sorry for TMI). could this have caused damage to my stomach lining too? the probiotics were BBE 07/22, so technically still in date, but near the end?

I am taking a mouthful of Gaviscon each day, to try to help manage the pain. I have to be careful not to eat too much (quite easy at the moment), as this can make things worse.

Sorry about the ramblings. I know I am freaking out about other peoples cancers, but it feels like its closing in on me.

Tea especially makes me feel nauseous, as does coffee to a lesser extent. I only drink decaff, so it cant be the caffeine.
    There is about 7 milligrams of caffeine in one cup of decaf coffee. This might seem low but it's still enough to be a problem in those who are sensitive to caffeine (and those cups of decaf add up)

I have been trying to think what could have caused all of this (if not covid). A few days in to my COVID illness, I took a couple of Boots good gut for women probiotics. Within an hour, I had the most terrible stomach cramps, and had to rush to the toilet with explosive results (sorry for TMI). could this have caused damage to my stomach lining too? the probiotics were BBE 07/22, so technically still in date, but near the end?
    I'm sensitive to the fillers they use in supplements, so much so that I have to use sprays now. In your case, it's probably the probiotic itself as side effects often happen in the first week of taking them - side effects which are cramping, gas, pain, bloating etc. Believe it or not, these symptoms are a sign that the good bacteria is working...

Keep taking them and things should improve soon...

I am taking a mouthful of Gaviscon each day, to try to help manage the pain. I have to be careful not to eat too much (quite easy at the moment), as this can make things worse.
    I find Buscomint are really good...

Ive always drunk a lot of tea (typical Yorkshire gal), but sometimes if I have too many cups in a short time span, I do feel queasy. Now, its all the time. I am switching to just drinking hot water (I know, but if feels more like tea than drinking cold water)

Also, I am too scared to take the probiotics again, so I've switched to Digestive Enzymes (Tera Nova Complex), to see if that helps

I just want to feel normal again. Ive started doing that bargaining thing.. you know "I'll never complain about anything ever again, if I can just feel/be well"

thanks for replying, it helps to talk to someone, and I cant tell anyone in RL. Even my membership of this site is secret

Rootytooty x

Ive always drunk a lot of tea (typical Yorkshire gal), but sometimes if I have too many cups in a short time span, I do feel queasy. Now, its all the time. I am switching to just drinking hot water (I know, but if feels more like tea than drinking cold water)
    I love Yorkshire tea (and Yorkshire in general)

I have the decaf variety. I take it you know that tea has caffeine in too?

I just want to feel normal again. Ive started doing that bargaining thing.. you know "I'll never complain about anything ever again, if I can just feel/be well"
    I used to do that but these days I ask to be given the strength I need to get through whatever shit comes my way, health or otherwise..

thanks for replying, it helps to talk to someone, and I cant tell anyone in RL. Even my membership of this site is secret
    Why can't you tell anybody? (none of my business; just being nosy)

Hi Norah

Yes, I drink Yorkshire decaff too, although at the moment, not so much. Ive noticed this morning that I have a pain at the bottom of my ribs on the right, like the bottom rib is digging in to me. Ive also had a bit of a pain between my shoulder blades, trying really hard not to freak out over it.

I cant tell anyone because I am ashamed of my anxiety/ocd about things. I mean, my partner knows I have HA etc, but I don't tell him the full depth of my fears, or that I post on here. IT feels like too much, and I don't want to make him tire of me, which would be understandable.

I cant talk to my Mum about my health fears, as she worries constantly, having already lost a daughter. In fact, she inadvertently fuels my HA by constantly asking about things, if I even cough once. I understand, she has been through a lot, not only with my sister, but losing other cousins and a niece she was particularly close with

RootyTooty xx
    Last edited by Rootytooty; 06-07-22 at 11:20.

I cant tell anyone because I am ashamed of my anxiety/ocd about things. I mean, my partner knows I have HA etc, but I don't tell him the full depth of my fears, or that I post on here. IT feels like too much, and I don't want to make him tire of me, which would be understandable.
    People don't choose mental illness, Rooty, and there's NOTHING to be ashamed of.

I cant talk to my Mum about my health fears, as she worries constantly, having already lost a daughter. In fact, she inadvertently fuels my HA by constantly asking about things, if I even cough once. I understand, she has been through a lot, not only with my sister, but losing other cousins and a niece she was particularly close with
    Yes, I can understand this. All the more reason why you need to be able to talk to your partner. It's a shame that you don't feel that you can...

My husband doesn't understand anxiety (or HA) but I do talk to him so that he at least understands that my moods are not because of him..

It sounds like your mum could do with some therapy too? I'm so sorry you're all going through this.. X

Hi NoraB

I suppose I feel ashamed because I feel like a coward. So many people around me are dealing/have dealt with awful diseases, and I am a mess without having actually been diagnosed with anything (so far)

Today is not a great day. Yesterday, I felt a little bit better, and thought I’d turned a corner (tea is still a no no, so am drinking hot water), but today I feel quite grim again.

I had bananas on peanut butter toast for brekkie, and now I feel yuk. Is this how it’s going to be from now on? It’s been 2.5 weeks since I got Covid, and it’s wrecked my digestive system (unless it’s something else, more sinister)

I might buy some more probiotics today, a bit nervous about that.

how are you Nora? Hope all is going well for you

Rootytooty xx

Hi NoraB

I suppose I feel ashamed because I feel like a coward. So many people around me are dealing/have dealt with awful diseases, and I am a mess without having actually been diagnosed with anything (so far)
    You are by no means a coward!

What you are dealing with is mental illness and MH can be as destructive as any physical illness that you fear..

Also it takes courage to exist this level of fear...

I had bananas on peanut butter toast for brekkie, and now I feel yuk. Is this how it’s going to be from now on? It’s been 2.5 weeks since I got Covid, and it’s wrecked my digestive system (unless it’s something else, more sinister)
    In all honestly Tooty, I'd expect a few more weeks of feeling like this, maybe longer? Best thing to do is to listen to what your body wants. Maybe lay off gluten for a few weeks? Bread is hard going on the digestive system as it is. Drink lots of water. Take the probiotics and give them time to do their thing. Maybe try some peppermint or ginger tea? I use them to help with the digestive stuff..

how are you Nora? Hope all is going well for you
    I'm doing a little better with my jaw woes. I bit my tongue a few weeks ago and I have TMJ so it's been fun (not) but things are improving a little (yay)

Thanks for asking. X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information