Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appendictis worries good God!

Appendictis worries good God!

Okay it all started on Friday night now I think I messed up here I bought a frozen pizza home from work but put it in the mic when it had defrosted should be cool from frozen. Anyway it didn't taste the best I got about half way through one of them and left it later that night about 12 had a bit of pain in my back and felt like heart burn aswel so started freaking out. Sat morn woke up there it up for the day was fine.

Now this morning had really bad heart burn all night threw up this morning 3 times in one go all pain went away but now it's just weird I went back to bed felt fine woke up had a bit of a dull ache under my naval when I stretched and eat some breakfast it's gone but now it's like upper naval but then it'll move left maybe a min or 2 then it's gone right under my ribs 1 min that's gone just feels more discomfort now.

Something dumb I probably did yesterday I've really pulled allot of my stomach being sick I went for a 10 mile walk may be that wasn't the best. And there up yesterday's lunch this morning. Anyway I keep getting really scared I can't calm down I've pulled my god damn stomach even more now.

Questions I know appendicitis starts in the middle but when it's in the middle is the area where it is still tender or does it only do that when it moves right.

Got two sides logical gerd, heartburn can that settle in your naval area from your stomach? Or not

And the anxiety side appendicitis! Appendicitis?

Re: Appendictis worries good God!

I'm just admiring the fact that you vomited three times and then went for a ten mile hike? Skills!

You would absolutely know you’d got appendicitis, there would be no questions. My OH had it in January and was rushed in for an emergency op. He was in absolute agony.

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I'm just admiring the fact that you vomited three times and then went for a ten mile hike? Skills!
    Lol yeah it was the day before I was sick went for a walk up canal with mate but we did a good 10 mile lol I was knackered at the end so that could have caused some of it

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    You would absolutely know you’d got appendicitis, there would be no questions. My OH had it in January and was rushed in for an emergency op. He was in absolute agony.
    Thank you I'm way over 12 hours in now just feel like I've got a gnawing pain comes and goes under my rib cage in centre. Chilling out in the bath it mysteriously disappeared for now I'll probably go into panic again though

Yeah I know it's painful I was mainly on about the earlier stages before it moves to lower right side

Absolutely! I had an appendicitis attack in my teens and I recall a funny memory from that time. I was having pain in my lower right side and feeling nauseous while out with my friends partying. I got home, a bit buzzed I might add and went to bed. I was still feeling bad and in pain. I was awoken a couple hours later by the pain in my lower right side. I went to my parents and they took me to the hospital. My next memory was as if I was parachuting to earth, opening my eyes and answering the phone. It was my pediatrician who I'd been seeing since I was a young child on the other end checking on me. He asked me how I got there and I told him "by parachute" ~lol~ He then said, "Wake up! You're dreaming!". It's funny, that dream was rather symbolic of me returning to the real world from the world inside my mind (I was heavily drugged).

Fortunately, while I was in the hospital overnight, the situation improved dramatically and quickly (hours) and I didn't need surgery (although they were preparing me for it). Never had an issue since.

But yeah, the pain was excruciating. I could barely walk!

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 04-07-22 at 20:07.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So today been good, Jesus I've pulled my stomach pretty bad though I'm on some tablets for reflux that seemed to take away the burning within in a few hours. One more thing do you rekon it's possible to inflame your appendix by constantly pushing the area? When I always get stomach aches I always test for tenderness by pushing down or am I being totally left field here?

Quote Originally Posted by Lockey1995 View Post
    So today been good, Jesus I've pulled my stomach pretty bad though I'm on some tablets for reflux that seemed to take away the burning within in a few hours. One more thing do you rekon it's possible to inflame your appendix by constantly pushing the area? When I always get stomach aches I always test for tenderness by pushing down or am I being totally left field here?
    Go poke your eye for minute and 'see' (sorry) what happens...

Deal with the symptom. You have a definite cause and effect here. You vomited and that involves using stomach muscles. Also, anxious people tend to have chronic muscle tension so you could also be tensing your stomach muscles. We also tense muscles when we're in pain or discomfort. You have to try not to tense those muscles. Also, use some heat on the area - a heatpad or hot water bottle and do this several times a day. Take a painkiller if you need to (though I'd steer clear of Ibuprofen if you have reflux) Help yourself with the pain and your anxiety will ease up...

Quote Originally Posted by Lockey1995 View Post
    Not really and and if your appendix was in any shape or form inflamed you wouldn’t be able to push on it. Your fingers would stop poking pretty quickly.

Ghost…Spillways

Not really and and if your appendix was in any shape or form inflamed you wouldn’t be able to push on it. Your fingers would stop poking pretty quickly.

Yeah i guess there's too many muscles there that you can't exactly push your intestines with your bare hands my anxiety has really spiralled this last few months from nothing to absolutely severe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information