Thread: Low creatinine and freak out

Low creatinine and freak out

Hi
    Just got my metabolic panel and CBC tests back.

The creatinine ser % is low, like 0.52 (min is 0.57). All other Numbers are fine. This is first time this number had gone down like this. I googled that it can be muscle waste/weakness. The thing is I have have chronic Neck pain for over a year and will see a neck doctor for this.

The metabolic test is returned automatically and I haven’t been able to talk to any doctor at the office. My mind is running wild with worries.

Have you ever have something similar and it goes back up again? Mine is always on the low normal side

Thanks

Re: Low creatinine and freak out

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns regarding the results of your metabolic panel and CBC tests. It's important to keep in mind that laboratory values should always be interpreted in the context of your overall health and medical history.

Regarding your low creatinine level, it's possible that this could be related to muscle wasting or weakness, but it's also possible that it could be due to other factors such as a low protein diet or certain medications. If you have chronic neck pain, it's possible that this could be contributing to muscle wasting or weakness in your neck muscles. However, it's important to have a doctor evaluate your symptoms and medical history to determine the underlying cause of your low creatinine level.

In terms of whether your creatinine level will go back up again, it's difficult to say without more information about your specific situation. In general, laboratory values can fluctuate over time and may be affected by various factors such as diet, hydration status, and medications. However, it's important to follow up with your healthcare provider to determine the underlying cause of your low creatinine level and any necessary treatment or monitoring.

It's understandable to feel worried and anxious about your test results, but try to avoid making any assumptions or conclusions without first consulting with your healthcare provider. They can provide more information and guidance specific to your situation.

Thread Information