Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood with yellow mucus /reflux, sinus issues /hay-fever

Blood with yellow mucus /reflux, sinus issues /hay-fever

I'm posting this because I'd like to know if anyone else has had any of this or similar.

Waking up with thick yellow mucus in the mouth
    Gum/teeth pain, particularly after eating or drinking
    A taste of blood but no trace of where it comes from
    Acid reflux brought up in the morning with blood

Re: Blood with yellow mucus /reflux, sinus issues /hay-fever

I’ve woken up with a taste of blood lots of times but it generally goes after a drink of water.

Are you sure you don’t have a tooth abscess? A vertical crack in one of your teeth?
    Dont spiral Mrs. C. I know you hate the dentist….don’t we all but maybe just maybe it wouldn’t hurt to get it checked.

The reflux is an ongoing thing. My money’s on a tooth issue. Do you have a regular dentist that you trust.

Ghost…Spillways

Darksky, thank you so much for your reply it means a lot to me. I've been spiralling this morning.
    I think your thoughts on a tooth issue is very probable. Especially as I can taste blood and nothing there.
    I also had some stuff come out from my nose last week which was dark red snot. Sorry, I know it doesn't sound very pleasant. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time but knew I'd never had it before but put it down to my sinuses.
    The tooth where the pain is, is a already filled so it's possible the filling has worn away causing exposure.
    I have been putting off going to the dentist but that may be the answer to my worry. He is a good dentist but my old one wasn't and the last time I had some work done I thought I was going to pass out. So obviously I'm fearful of going. Jeez, it's nightmare either way.
    Generally I feel ok, actually more energised just the anxiety taken over big time!

You could well have a small crack in the tooth which is causing the sensitivity? I had something similar and got away with a composite filling without even a local anaesthetic. I'm glad you have a kind dentist now..These old school butchers do so much damage psychologically in their need for "power".

Go on..Make that dental appointment this afternoon? Just get it looked at rather than leave it to get more troublesome?

I hate the dentist with a passion. The damn pain killing jabs don’t work on me, I have to have horse strength stuff However I think of them as a necessary evil. Toothache is a real crappy pain.

If the pain is in your gum too, maybe there is a abscess underneath. An xray will check that for you.

That will be all they do on that first visit, so,don’t worry.

Get it checked and xrayed and if treatment is needed we can talk you through that if and when it happens.

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You could well have a small crack in the tooth which is causing the sensitivity? I had something similar and got away with a composite filling without even a local anaesthetic. I'm glad you have a kind dentist now..These old school butchers do so much damage psychologically in their need for "power".

Go on..Make that dental appointment this afternoon? Just get it looked at rather than leave it to get more troublesome?
    yeah, my first dentist was an old school butcher. It’s vastly improved now of course but those men left scars didn’t they.

Ghost…Spillways

Thank you as well Pulisa
    I'm not doing well in the anxiety department today.
    I'm still not certain it's my tooth because the blood came with the acid reflux but it is possible I jarred the tooth area. Mr C keeps telling me I'm over thinking myself into a rabbit hole. I'm actually nervous of clearing my throat and holding coughs back.
    Darksky, it was the pain killing jab that I fear. I asked for extra and I think he fed me too much! I didn't have any after pain though.
    I really appreciate you both replying. I know it's not easy to read other people's issues with such detail.

I've had intermittent pain/sensitivity in a tooth I've had filled before and I went to the dentist and he found a cavity beneath the gum line. It was such a relief to get it filled.

Re the blood, could it be allergies? If you get hayfever your mucus membranes can get a little inflammed and have small bleeds, like little burst capillaries can happen.

This may sound a bit odd, but are you doing anything in your sleep? I have a habit of poking and picking things that are sore in my sleep. I'll wake myself up doing it, sore spot in my mouth I'll wake up rubbing it with my tongue or even worse with my finger in my mouth. I've woken up bursting spots and scratching bites. Just a thought.

Thank you catkins for your reply
    Since this morning I've had the blood taste in my mouth again and just recently some watery blood fluid. So it's either got to be coming from the tooth or gums and the retching with the acid reflux kicked it off. So I was experiencing two different issues first thing this morning. To be honest I think the tooth in question is rotten and needs to come out and maybe my gums are trying to do that causing the blood issue. I can feel a sharp ridge against the gum.
    I think a visit to the dentist is probably adamant. I've been putting up with this pain for well over a week now.

And yes catkins, I grit my teeth in my sleep which apparently is very common. Also not good for my current situation. Let's see how else I can punish myself, lol.

Just make that appointment, Carnation? Then you can stop the speculation and get a professional opinion. Much better to know where you stand rather than guess? xx

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information