Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blood with yellow mucus /reflux, sinus issues /hay-fever

Re: Blood with yellow mucus /reflux, sinus issues /hay-fever

It's just an option x

So I overslept this morning, probably due to the tooth giving me a rough night's sleep. I thought I'd try ringing again and this time someone answered this time.
    The earliest appointment was Wednesday at 2.30pm, right in the heart of the heat of the day. Can't be helped.
    I was also told I could no longer have my normal dentist as he's gone semi-retired, so I'm seeing a stranger.
    I was told I have to wear a mask which seems strange if they need to look at my teeth.
    This bit caused me to burst into tears after the call. They lock the door once inside to prevent any walk-ins. A possible trigger for a panic attack. So I made sure I was very explicit about my condition. My anxiety, PAs, agoraphobia. All this and not even got there yet.
    Mr C is allowed to be with me which was the only positive so far.
    I presume they are only going to look at me, a possible x-ray and knowing there's not another appointment for 10 days doesn't leave me feeling very comforted.
    It is what is and I have to deal with it. The hammer in the toolbox is looking very tempting at the moment.

Nooooo, not the hammer in the toolbox! Or the ice skate blade…re Tom Hanks.

My dentist has only just recently opened their doors fully. Masks have gone by the wayside. I suppose these new cases have spooked some practices.
    I know you think you’ll feel trapped but tell yourself you really aren’t. You’re not in prison, the door can easily be opened. And time always passes, it never stands still. You will go in and the clock will start ticking. And when you get out…go and treat yourself. Buy something frivolous as a reward. I’m a fan of reward based therapy…..lipstick for me

i imagine all they will do is check it out, poss X-ray and rebook. They won’t know what’s awaiting them on first visit so I doubt they will go in. But if they offer….go for it. Save yourself the 2 nd visit.

Shall be thinking of you come Wednesday.

Ghost…Spillways

Thanks Darksky x
    I'm hoping they will leave the key in the door and not have to prise the keys off the jail key keeper, because there may be one almighty tug and a kerfuffle with the receptionist landing on the floor.
    I'm going to take some things with me as a just in case.
    A paper bag to blow in, which will be interesting wearing a mask. A bottle of water. Also difficult when wearing a mask. Elastic bands on my wrist to twang when I feel I'm losing it. A box of tissues incase I cry. Lol.
    This is going to be one almighty challenge for me.
    Not sure what reward to have. Probably my choice of TV and the sofa all to myself.

You'll have to wear a mask in the waiting room but can take it off for the examination.

It seems a very strange policy to lock the door while you are seeing the dentist. Who are they expecting to barge their way in if it's a "rule" made by this surgery and all inside are wearing masks?

I would have thought locking the door with the public inside was illegal Pulisa. It breaches fire and safety rules not having an exit. Its also quite obvious the receptionist is not at her desk most of the time because of the amount of times I have rung the practice. So there may be some pounding on the door from me shouting "let me out", lol.
    The mask wearing I half expected tbh. Anything medical and public will be an automatic rule.
    I'm not too happy about not having my original dentist. Think my replacement is Spanish. Whether that's good or not I have no idea.
    Believe me, its not a day I am looking forward to. Considering I'm in my 3rd week of pain and struggling to eat on one side has driven me to go.

Oh Carnation you really are having a time of it! I will be sending you lots of positive and calming thoughts for your appointment.

This dentist could be even better than your regular one..I think you just need to see a dentist as you're in pain and need a professional assessment. You really don't want to let this drag on and whatever is done has got to be better than doing nothing and knowing that you've got to go eventually? I'd be very surprised if they don't give you some form of temporary treatment to give pain relief. That's the whole point of going.

Well done on making that appointment. I'm sorry you can't be fitted in as an emergency. That wouldn't happen at my surgery no matter how busy they are. If the pain wakes you up at night they will see you on the day xx

Thanks catkins x

Pulisa, thank you for your continued support. xx
    I was surprised to be honest they didn't ask me to go in on the day I phoned. Then again, the East of England are sooooo slow at doing anything. Manana, manana is their motto. Drives me crazy. I used to live your part of the world and they told me to come in straight away when I had a similar problem a while back.
    I'm not too anxious at the moment about the appointment. That could change tonight / tomorrow. If Mr C has to take me by the arm, feet dragging, then so be it.
    I'm very concerned about the locked door and the pain he might cause with the prodding. I'm going to tell him straight away that the least bit of friction sets it off and I'm in agony for hours.
    I'm getting quite good at eating on one side now. I'm now conscious of having a lopsided mouth, lol. Certain things I defo can't eat like ice-cream, pastry and crisps.
    I'm not a very good advert for dentists in general. Pain seems to override the fear eventually and that's where I am.

Typical, I haven't had any pain today

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information