Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found lump under below rib cage, right side? I am freaking out!

Unhappy Found lump under below rib cage, right side? I am freaking out!

I've posted here before many times of all the diseases I've "had". Anything from testicular cancer, lymphoma, oral cancer, brain tumors, you name it.

But now I am freaking out yet again.... The other night, I was laying in bed and just randomly pressed into my stomach and felt a soft lump? knot? right below my right rib cage. I am freaking out. I have never felt this before, however you cannot feel it when pressing into the my abdomen. I can feel it sometimes and I have to kind of look for it. However there is something there. I am not sure if it's a lymph node, or a muscle knot, or fatty deposit. What could this be!? I did do an ab workout for this first time in a while which is what caused me to press my abdomen because I was sore. and then noticed this lump.

The thing is... it could've always been there and I just never noticed it before. Because like I said, you can't really feel it easily and have to search for it. Can't visibily see it. And like... who in their right mind presses into their stomach like that.. so it couldve been there but idk.nAt first I thought it was an organ, but it feels like a lymph node? But in that area!?! I tried to replicate what my doctor does when she checks the abdomen, but I cannot feel it. I can feel it sometimes and it's tender but that could be because I've been poking my stomach area and touching it.

Like... I went to the Dr. in January for an annual and nothing was mentioned then. And I've never touched my abdomen the way I am doing now, so again, it could have always been there. It's not a big lump, it just feels like a lymph node. Everything on google says like liver cancer or kidney cancer.... but those are rare and I am a healthy 23 year old!!! I am just so scared.

Maybe it's always been there and I just never noticed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Found lump under below rib cage, right side? I am freaking out!

I'm no doctor but I feel weird 'lumps' in my abdomen all the time. These used to trigger my anxiety an awful lot, but the fear suddenly disappeared.

Try some distraction techniques every time you feel the need to check, the more the poke things in general, the more of an issue they will become in your mind (and probably become sore after long enough lol)

Anyone????

please somebody! Can anyone else give insight about this :( Does anyone have lumps in their abdomen? Idk if its a lymph node... lump... lipoma?? idk what to do or how to think

Your abdomen has all sorts of lumps, it’s where lots of your organs are, muscles, intenstines etc. if you go poking around you’ll feel things. I remember being pregnant and finding all sorts of new things when I prodded my abdomen.

How is a lump on abdomen normal? Im just worried. Idk if it was there before bc it’s not easy to feel

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Your abdomen has all sorts of lumps, it’s where lots of your organs are, muscles, intenstines etc. if you go poking around you’ll feel things.
    Absolutely. We're not made of porcelain. Stop the obsessive self examination and move on. This is a non-issue!

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 08-07-22 at 12:56.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Absolutely. We're not made of porcelain. Stop the obsessive self examination and move on. This is a non-issue!

FMP
    so it’s normal for me to feel this “lump”? It feels like a small grape, and can only feel it sometimes depending on how I prod my abdomen. But how do I know this is normal, and not sinister?! How do I know if it’s always been there? Everyone always says check on lumps…. but idk if I would’ve known it was there had I not randomly pressed my abdomen one night. And now it feels sore..maybe from all the poking and prodding . I’m stressed!!!!

Someone please… I just read about liver cancer… and this lump seems like it’s in that area… Im freaking out

You have replies and the reasons are obvious (HA and associated behaviors). If you're that concerned, see your doctor.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information