Thread: Chills, no fever

Chills, no fever

Something weird happens sometimes to me ( I have to stress Sometimes, and I hope it stays that way): there would be a night when I would be awaken by chills. Literally, and then I cover myself better, fall asleep again, but if in my sleep I move covers away ( too hot), the chills would wake me again. It happened maybe a couple of times within 7 or 8 months, and again last night, towards dawn. I do not have any fever, neither I feel sick at all. I cannot figure out why this happens, because I believe I am out f menopause at this point. Of course, for me it means something horrible ( leukemia).

My last extensive blood work was in February 2021, but then it was perfect. I have been also seen by my doctor many times since, for various "issues", and only this week he felt all my lymph nodes and everything felt normal.

If anyone has any idea what can cause chills during sleep out of nowhere, please share. I am trying hard not to scare myself , but I just cannot stop thinking about it today.

Thank you in advance, whoever chimes in.

Re: Chills, no fever

Guys, anyone? Please!

I just want to clarify what you're saying....

You saying that a couple of times over the last 7-8 months you've been awakened shivering. You realize the covers are off, cover yourself back up and go back to sleep. Then, in your sleep, because you're too warm, you uncover yourself and get awakened shivering again?

If so, what is the problem?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa, thank you so much. I know , it sounds logical, but it is a little bit more to it, the moment I would start falling asleep, the shivers would wake me. Last night again, but I have pretty much in a panic mode these days, huge stress and anxiety in relation to something else, not health related. I know anxiety can definitely cause chills, I just do not know if such anxiety and fears can cause chills even in a person's sleep.

I took my Amitriptyline last night eventually, to calm down and try to sleep, although I took myself off of it a couple of months ago. And then I just feel into a deep sleep.

I now think that ongoing stress situation I have had in my life in the past several months, combined with me stopping Amitriptyline, cause both insomnia and chills. I think I have to go back to this medicine.

I just want these random chills to stop.

Thank you again for responding!

Thread Information