Thread: What's the deal with flat stools then?

What's the deal with flat stools then?

I get them from time to time, especially when I've had bad, crippling upper stomach pains (bloods and ultrasound all good), sometimes either side of my stomach feels clenched, I get a gassy/bloated feeling etc. Any way, Over the last few days I've had flat stools and some pains in my pelvis area and so thought "uh-oh, here comes the HA!". Maybe I've actually got "piles" at the mo too, but ignoring that and to get to my actual question. I keep seeing some official type medical websites saying "could be due to a blockage like C" and other places say it's not a concern, so what's the actual story here?

I don't have constipation or anything other than than a regular (timing) flat stool, so I'm thinking maybe it's IBS? Also, what other tests would you have to have to be diagnosed with IBS? My lack of exercise and diet has been baaaaaad over the last couple of weeks too so I might need to get moving more.

Re: What's the deal with flat stools then?

I get them from time to time
    I don't have constipation or anything other than than a regular (timing) flat stool,
    Which is it?

Most people have flat stools occasionally. It's generally to do with lack of fibre..

Bloods, scans, (yours are clear) shitting into a tube, and colonoscopy are the tests which diagnose IBS by way of elimination.. (I have IBS and I have the same symptoms as you)

By your own admittance your diet has been poor (which usually means lack of fibre, hence flatter stools) with no exercise (the colon can become sluggish) so improve your diet and exercise more and you will most likely see an improvement..

Re: What's the deal with flat stools then?

Cheers for the reply. I made changes to my diet the last couple of days and added fibre gel so will see how it goes.

Thread Information