Thread: Dehydration or cauda equina

Dehydration or cauda equina

Hi All,
    Please help me. Have been doing ok for a while but had a freakout today. I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom at around 7:00 am. After that I did not drink any water until 9:30 am. Between 9:30 and 4:00 pm, I drank only 3/4 cup of water, it's also warm and I was sweating.
    Any way, around 1:30, I decided to go pee - not because I felt like but because I had a meeting and then had to go pick up my son right after. I really did not feel like going, and it's normal for me to not go for 6-8 hours.
    When I sat to pee, I felt like no pee would come out. I immediately freaked out about urinary retention and cauda equina syndrome and ran out of the bathroom in panic. 15 mins later I tried again for 10 secs and panicked again after no luck. Anyway, my mouth was parched and after picking up my kid I drank a couple gulps of water from his water bottle. About an hour or so later I felt the urge to go, and despite my panic, I was able to go normally without straining. It's only been a while since I went so I don't want to try again any time soon. But I am petrified that this is urinary retention and the beginnings of cauda equina and I need immediate surgery. Please help!

Re: Dehydration or cauda equina

You have a 100% plausible reason. Your HA is totally making this something its not. The best help are the words in your first paragraph

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you Fishmanpa. I have been able to go normally since then but now my brain is stuck. If it were anything bad, would things to back to normal like this?

I'm feeling so despondent since I was doing so well for a couple of months. I forgot to mention that I've been dealing with significant personal problems for several weeks now and have been crying buckets and barely eating or drinking, may be that makes things works. Thanks for responding to my post.

Hi pray for me.

I went down this horrific hole back in January, I didn’t get out until May time where I ran to A&E scared out of my mind that I had CE or something else horrible going on that I won’t type out. I had so many weird symptoms that I won’t list or go into because it isn’t relevant.
    Sometimes when I go for a wee there is a slight delay, and it always panics me. But the more I panic the more I simply cannot pee. I think it’s a protection mechanism from the brain, you need to relax to be able to use those muscles efficiently. Unless you’re especially urgent but you wasn’t as you stated.
    CE comes with a lot of other symptoms that you wouldn’t be able to ignore, they would be obvious.

Thread Information