Thread: Period not stopping

Period not stopping

I’m worried about my period I’ve always have had normal on time periods that last a week. I have heavy periods usually first few days.This time I’ve been having a heavy period and today is the last day and it’s heavy when this never happens before. I’m afraid it ain’t gonna end today. It’s got me worrying there’s something wrong I also worry about having high estrogen and that being a risk factor for diseases. I asked my dr a while ago she said she didn’t think I have high estrogen but I was never given any test other than reg blood test. I’m having anxiety anything have this experience or know what could cause this

Re: Period not stopping

Have you been drinking alcohol? Taking aspirin? Under a lot of stress? Have fibroids? Taking steroids? New medication?Under a lot of stress? All of these can prolong bleeding and don’t mean you have a disease.

No I don’t drink and nothing was wrong as far as I know before I got period but I’m always stressed but this has never happened before. I like I figured am still bleeding bright the day after period was supposed to end. It not In bowl just when wipe. For days now I’ve had uti like symptoms but no burning or pain when urinating but have feeling of bloated and lower back hurts and pelvic. I thought it was part of period and would go away but it not. I don’t know what could be wrong I’m also already anemic im worried it gonna keep lifting blood

If you’re anemic, that’s your answer right there. Anemics have trouble clotting. If it doesn’t end in a couple of days, go see your doc.
    Last edited by AntsyVee; 12-07-22 at 19:02. Reason: Typo

Its been a weird period a lot of the bleeding was clots. I’m gonna do like you said wait few days I just hope it stops. I’m sure my anxiety ain’t making it any better. It’s just the first time this has happened which is why I’m afraid. I’m trying to tell myself that was junk like uterine cancer wouldn’t happen this fast out of nowhere and that one time my period being long shouldn’t freak me out.

I thought bleeding stopped or maybe it was very light brown now it’s bright blood again 12 day now and over a week feeling of bruised insides low back sides pelvis uti feeling peeing and bloated gassy I’m not able to go of a dr I’m very worried this is some kind of cancer idk what to do

Why can't you see a doctor?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I’ve had this happen in my 20s. My period would come and stop and this happened for a full year. I got ultrasounds and blood work done, no actual cause was found. I did have a small fibroid but they said that couldn’t be the cause 🤷*♀️ Sometimes these things happen. If it still doesn’t stop after a few days get in touch with your doc, you may have a hormonal imbalance which is super common

Thanks for all the replies I’m just gonna if try’s better try to not to worry

Thread Information