Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First positive covid test and panicking

Re: First positive covid test and panicking

Quote Originally Posted by Flapj View Post
    I’m also joining the first time Covid club today. It happened at the worst possible time. I’m on a business trip far away from home. I tested this morning before my flight (negative) and then tested positive at the hotel this evening.

So far the symptoms are mild I guess. I have a headache, sinus pressure, an occasional dry cough, and some fatigue. I don’t have any chronic conditions but I am overweight so I am thinking about asking for Paxlovid.

Hopefully this is a mild course. Hope everyone feels better.
    For me, day 2-3 were worst with fever. I also got paxlovid because of my bmi and started it on day 3. By the end of that day all trace of a cough were gone, so I think it helped. My husband started the meds on his day 1 and still got the the two days of fever. But I think it keeps it from progressing.

Though your post is from a year ago, the emotions you shared about your first positive Covid test are relatable. It's completely normal to feel anxious in such situations. The uncertainty and worries can take a toll on anyone's mind.
    Taking precautions and monitoring your symptoms is crucial. If you were in a similar situation today, you might try to Order lateral flow tests. These tests could provide insights and help you make informed decisions.
    Remember to prioritize rest, hydration, and self-care during these challenging times. It's natural to have concerns, but focusing on recovery and staying informed can provide some comfort.
    Last edited by DillanHolman; 25-08-23 at 10:36.

Fairly recently there's been 2 new Omicron subvariants discovered (one of them is called EG.5 and the other called BA something-or-other) but up until now they've both been kept low-key by the mainstream media, and I only saw them covered fairly briefly on the Guardian site last week, and the BBC site did also briefly cover the EG.5 last week but more as a footnote within the 'Health' subsection and not even the slightest murmur within their main news homepage.

Even during the most part of last year (2022) the media would had still made a song and danced over any inkling of new Covid (sub)variants, but (for better or worse) barely even seem to bat an eyelid of late.

Although there's no evidence as yet that either sub-variant is any more harmful than existing/previous ones, and compared to earlier ones such as Original, Alpha and Delta, these 2 latest sub-variants are likely a walk in the park. I'm also surprised that up until now nobody else had mentioned those sub-variants on here, which they wouldn't have hesitated previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Fairly recently there's been 2 new Omicron subvariants discovered (one of them is called EG.5 and the other called BA something-or-other) but up until now they've both been kept low-key by the mainstream media, and I only saw them covered fairly briefly on the Guardian site last week, and the BBC site did also briefly cover the EG.5 last week but more as a footnote within the 'Health' subsection and not even the slightest murmur within their main news homepage.

Even during the most part of last year (2022) the media would had still made a song and danced over any inkling of new Covid (sub)variants, but (for better or worse) barely even seem to bat an eyelid of late.

Although there's no evidence as yet that either sub-variant is any more harmful than existing/previous ones, and compared to earlier ones such as Original, Alpha and Delta, these 2 latest sub-variants are likely a walk in the park. I'm also surprised that up until now nobody else had mentioned those sub-variants on here, which they wouldn't have hesitated previously.
    It's called BA.2.86.

So far there's no evidence that it's any more harmful than other/previous variants, according to experts, but it's still being monitored until further notice, and there's only a handful of officially recorded cases of it worldwide so far, including one in the UK, so in the meantime it's basically a 'wait-and-see' situation.

General media coverage of it (for better or worse) still remains low-key so far and also no signs of the general public being particularly fazed by it as yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information