Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I knew it would happen eventually…

I knew it would happen eventually…

I’ve avoided it for two years…but tested positive this morning. Ugh. Not too worried as I’ve been vaxxed and boosted. I’m still technically considered “obese” (even after a 133 lb weight loss lol) so the doctor has put me on Paxlovid as a precautionary measure. Yesterday was awful, but definitely feeling better today. Hoping this passes soon!

Re: I knew it would happen eventually…

Sounds like you’re getting all the right treatment, so now you just need to rest up, eat well and drink lots. We are here if you need people to talk to.

Well done on your weight loss.

Sending love and good wishes. I'm obese, and it was still a very minor thing for me. Hope it is for you, too.

Yesterday didn’t feel too minor HAHA but I suppose when we feel under the weather we all feel that way. I’ve been able to sit at my computer and catch up on work today, and put away groceries after they were delivered. It’s wiped me out though so back in bed resting! Thanks very much for your well wishes, I appreciate it!!

Sending best wishes for a rapid recovery

I am still in that 20% and doing my very best to keep it that way!

Am really sorry but as you say you've done all you can to protect yourself from really bad illness. Pace yourself and have plenty of rest. You recover quicker that way anyway.

Hoping that you feel a lot better really soon

Sending you best wishes glassgirlw and a speedy recovery x

Thank you PM. I will admit I have somewhat returned to “normal” over the last couple months. Purchased a gym membership so I’ve been around more people, case counts have been reasonably low in my area (or so I thought lol) so not wearing a mask as often in public. I’ve probably brought this on myself but it is what it is at this point!!

And thank you Mrs P and C for the positive wishes! I’m actually not near as anxiety ridden over this as I expected I’d be. I feel as protected as I can be at this point with three vaccines and an antiviral to take, so what will be, will be!

The first time I had it, once I got over the initial panic, I felt quite relieved. After spending so long being terrified of it I didn't have to be afraid anymore.

Take it easy, don't overdo it and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Thank you PM. I will admit I have somewhat returned to “normal” over the last couple months. Purchased a gym membership so I’ve been around more people, case counts have been reasonably low in my area (or so I thought lol) so not wearing a mask as often in public. I’ve probably brought this on myself but it is what it is at this point!!

And thank you Mrs P and C for the positive wishes! I’m actually not near as anxiety ridden over this as I expected I’d be. I feel as protected as I can be at this point with three vaccines and an antiviral to take, so what will be, will be!
    I don't think that you've brought this on yourself, gg. I'm sure that everyone will get a dose at some stage. Thank goodness for the vaccines. Look after yourself and get well soon.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information