Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I knew it would happen eventually…

Re: I knew it would happen eventually…

Well, morning of day 3 of symptom start, day two of positive test. The Paxlovid antiviral seems to be doing its job, or the vaccines are - one of the two! Feeling better today. Less congestion, cough is improved. Aches and chills from day one are gone thank goodness. Still taking it easy but so far so good. Grateful for the science that brought us these treatments!

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Well, morning of day 3 of symptom start, day two of positive test. The Paxlovid antiviral seems to be doing its job, or the vaccines are - one of the two! Feeling better today. Less congestion, cough is improved. Aches and chills from day one are gone thank goodness. Still taking it easy but so far so good. Grateful for the science that brought us these treatments!
    Probably a bit of both the vaccines and your dose of Paxlovid helping to fight your current bout of Covid.

Yes, I agree that science has indeed come a long way during the best part of the past 2 years as far as all things Covid are concerned, coupled with the fact that current strains appear to be the least lethal so far, and no longer seem to warrant lockdowns.

Wishing you a speedy recovery BTW.
    Lencoboy.

Glassgirlw, from what I've heard people are recovering well and quickly. There's a bit of fatigue to get over but no one moving fast in this heat anyway. Sending you my best wishes x

Oh it’s crazy hot in my neck of the woods this week. We’re supposed to top 100F the next four days straight! It’s a good time to be stuck home in the AC if you ask me

We don't have AC as a rule in the UK..Just have to rely on basic stuff to keep cool. I envy you your aircon!!

Glad you're feeling a bit better now glassgirl. Covid's reputation precedes it, but from all I've read, its not the beast it once was. Tbh I've almost forgotten about it and haven't worn a mask in public for quite some time. Perhaps that's down to last winter when our daughter had it but neither myself nor Mrs F tested positive despite sharing the same air as said daughter.

I'm so envious of your air con too. Its time us here in the UK started making it as standard, the temps of 38/39C are becoming more frequent.

I’m glad you’re doing better! I tested positive yesterday for the first time also. I, too, have let my guard down in the last month and kind of resigned myself. I feel pretty bad (fever, body aches, mild cough, headache). My only risk factor is also being obese. I have a telehealth visit with my doctor later so I’ll see if she recommend Paxlovid. Are you experiencing any side effects from it?

Oh my goodness, y’all with no air conditioning, I couldn’t do it!!! That’s awful! The humidity here today is near 90% so the air temp is 98F but heat index is 104F. Haven’t stepped out except to let my dogs in the backyard lol. Too hot for me.

Im so sorry Erin. Honestly for me the first day was the worst. Didn’t leave bed much. Aches and chills and just couldn’t get warm or comfortable even to sleep. The only side effect from Paxlovid I’ve noticed is kind of a bitter taste in my mouth almost constantly. It’s not terrible but it’s noticeable. It doesn’t really seem to go away much. I haven’t had any of the stomach upset that others reported so that’s a blessing. No other side effects at all and I feel probably 75% better today. Very mild congestion, no more aches and chills, cough mostly gone. It’s pretty impressive how well it works.

I also don’t know how people manage without AC!

My doctor didn’t think I’d need Paxlovid. I qualify per my BMI though so she prescribed it and left it up to me. I’m on day 2 of symptoms so I may wait until tomorrow and see if I’m feeling better or not.

Yeah mine said the same. I’m kind of right on the line but she went ahead and gave me a script for it. I opted to fill it, only because I’m prone to chest infections like bronchitis, when I just get a head cold. So I was hoping it would help keep this from settling in my chest. So far it hasn’t gone too deep and the cough has stayed pretty productive. I started Paxlovid on day two of symptoms. Hopefully you’ll feel better tomorrow and won’t need to worry about it! I was pleasantly surprised that the prescription was free though! And even without insurance it would have only cost me $6! Unusual for our medical system over here lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information