Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I knew it would happen eventually…

Re: I knew it would happen eventually…

yes I was also glad to see it’s free! I’m prone to bronchitis also during colds. So far I have hardly any cough at all though. So we’ll see! I’m happy to have it on hand.

Hope you’re both feeling better today x

Yes, hope you are both feeling better today! I'm still super crazy covid conscious, and probably will be for a good long time, but that's okay with me. A lady I work with currently has it as she caught it from her daughters; they're all vaccinated and doing okay but it sounds unpleasant. I have a history of starting with a mild cold and ending up with bronchitis or pneumonia so I've not been one to play around, lol.

Definitely stay cool - glassgirl, I think you're (sort of) in my neck of the woods; it's supposed to be a little better today but the next three days are going to be rough. I am definitely a winter girl so am happy for the AC, though I keep it at 80 anyway and I'd probably turn it even higher if it weren't for my dog. . I'm feeling bad for the construction workers who are out in it; I've had to care for a cat colony plus do a lot of garden tending out in it and it's not fun.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I just took the Paxlovid and immediately had a panic attack because I hate taking new meds!! Fingers crossed the side effects aren't too bad for me.

Would you have been able to hold off taking the Paxlovid though? It would have been very difficult for you mentally, I reckon?

The doctor was happy to prescribe it for you as a precautionary measure . You'll probably feel more protected having taken it and got through the next few hours than if you were wondering whether you should take it or not and just left with loads of indecision?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Would you have been able to hold off taking the Paxlovid though? It would have been very difficult for you mentally, I reckon?

The doctor was happy to prescribe it for you as a precautionary measure . You'll probably feel more protected having taken it and got through the next few hours than if you were wondering whether you should take it or not and just left with loads of indecision?
    Yeah I think ultimately taking it is probably better. I wasn’t feeling terrible but it’s designed for this with mild to moderate symptoms and at least one risk factor, which is me. I talked to my doctor and she said if I take the next dose and have any really terrible GI side effects she’d be comfortable with me stopping it, but thinks it’s worth continuing. So far I have the bitter mouth taste but it’s not extreme yet.

I so hate indecision. That was the whole thing with my fibroids - remove or not - it’s not killing me so by risk it? But it could get worse so why wait? It’s the story of my anxiety life! But I try to remind myself that it’s better to be in a situation where you’re healthy enough to have choices than to be so sick you don’t have any other options.

Over here it's only given to people at highest risk, I think? I would imagine that it's worth tolerating any GI side effects for the benefits of continuing with the antiviral if you have been considered as needing the protection from it?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Over here it's only given to people at highest risk, I think? I would imagine that it's worth tolerating any GI side effects for the benefits of continuing with the antiviral if you have been considered as needing the protection from it?
    Same here - you qualify based on any risk factors. So, for me my BMI makes me technically qualified. My doctor doesn't really think I'm high risk, but it is a comorbidity so she left it up to me if I wanted to try it since she was allowed to prescribe. I'll say, it's been 5 hour and while there is a very mild bitter taste in my mouth, it's hardly noticeable and I'm already completely fever free, less coughing, and more energy.

I think I probably would have been fine with out it, but it's such an unpredictable virus.

It's the unpredictability which is such an anxiety trigger, isn't it? Glad you had the option to take Paxlovid as psychologically you know you are protecting yourself as best you can. I hope your little girl has managed to stay well?

So far she is still negative and no symptoms. My husband tested positive yesterday so it’s been rough because we’re not sure what to do in terms of isolating. We can’t completely isolate from her, obviously, but we don’t want to intentionally infect her. So it’s been hard on her. I don’t actively hope she gets it, but if she’s going to I wish I would happen now so we can just be together!

Glassgirl - how are you doing symptomwise and with the Paxlovid? The mouth tastes is terrible and woke me up a few times last night and my throat hurts (new - I don’t think a Covid symptom). Nothing to bad with GI, just some gas and bloating and slight nausea if I go too long without eating something so I’m eating a lot of bananas and slices of bread through the day haha. My Covid symptoms seem mostly gone except maybe a very low grade fever that keeps me sweating on and off all day/night. But my cough disappeared after one dose. I struggle every time I take it but I guess it’s helping. My husband started his on day one so I’ll be curious to see his course.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information