Thread: Freaking out

Freaking out

I had a stray cat come up to my door the other day. I went outside to see if it was friendly and it was. Super sweet and was purring and rubbing up against me, and I noticed that when it was purring it drooled and had a little irritation on its ear.. like it had bug bites. I had a cat that drooled when it was purring so I didn’t think anything of it. It immediately hopped into my lap which took me off guard and it head butted me. When it head butted me it had drool on its lip and I tried to move my head but he hit the corner of my mouth. I wiped it away as quickly as possible but now I’m convinced that the cat had rabies even though he didn’t show any signs Of being sick and was friendly as can be..

Re: Freaking out

The cat would not be alive if it had rabies so you are fine. Why do you have these worries and what are you doing to treat your HA?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Rabies Concerns Pt. 2

I have HA and was diagnosed years ago. I started feeding a stray cat and he didn’t look sick, one of my neighbors confirmed that he’s been there for a while and he’s been know for leave and come back. I would sit outside with him and give him food and he’s super cuddly, definitely was someone’s pet and they just let them go but he’s not fixed and has like irritation on his ear. He was kneading on my legs and my hands and he scratched me up but not enough to break skin. It was downpouring one night and he was crying at my front door.. I felt bad so I let him in.. he was lying on my bed and I wouldn’t let him get close to my face or anything like that but he would knead on my hand / lick my hand.. I kept him away from a really deep cut I had on my thumb and at one point I think he was upset I wasn’t giving him attention so he bit me but it was light and he didn’t break skin.. however, I have had debilitating anxiety because I now haven’t seen him for almost a week and I’m scared something happened to him.. specifically that he had rabies and just wasn’t showing symptoms at the time and passed it on to me somehow, especially since I haven’t seen him before the 10 day “quarantine” was up

Re: Freaking out

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information