Thread: Chances of having covid again in less than 3 months ?

Chances of having covid again in less than 3 months ?

So I'm back, with the rise of the new ba.5 and 4 I've heard it's possible to get reinfected now in less than 90 days. I had covid I'm guessing ba2 23 April and wasn't negative until early may so it's under 90 days.

Since last Sunday I had a tickly throat and tiredness and ever since then through the week I've had blocked nose, runny nose, sneezing dire throat one day gone the next don't 4 tests through the week all negative I've never had allergies this bad and no tablets, sprays are really changing it at all. I don't have runny eyes either which I normally get with hayfever so that's why I can't put it down to that.

Anyway was working with someone Wednesday who tested positive Fri morn I know you can spread it 48 hours before but she had mask on most of the night can't remember anymore when she took it off probably when we were leaving shop.

Yesterday started with an annoying like two cough every well sometimes it's 10 mins sometimes half hour or so runny feeling down back of throat and cough mixture isn't doing much more of an annoyance than anything. I just hope I didn't catch it off her because I can't go through a week of anxiety like last time thst was hell I had one more of a cough fit this morning but I was eating and talking.

Rational side staying calm, anxiety side is saying cough will get worse and it'll turn into fits but trying to put that in the back of my mind atm though I keep thinking about the feeling which is making me cough more not sure if anxiety can do that I still need to tedt tommorow before work but the suspense is killing me as we currently have no tests need to get some more.

Re: Chances of having covid again in less than 3 months ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lockey1995 View Post
    So I'm back, with the rise of the new ba.5 and 4 I've heard it's possible to get reinfected now in less than 90 days. I had covid I'm guessing ba2 23 April and wasn't negative until early may so it's under 90 days.

Since last Sunday I had a tickly throat and tiredness and ever since then through the week I've had blocked nose, runny nose, sneezing dire throat one day gone the next don't 4 tests through the week all negative I've never had allergies this bad and no tablets, sprays are really changing it at all. I don't have runny eyes either which I normally get with hayfever so that's why I can't put it down to that.

Anyway was working with someone Wednesday who tested positive Fri morn I know you can spread it 48 hours before but she had mask on most of the night can't remember anymore when she took it off probably when we were leaving shop.

Yesterday started with an annoying like two cough every well sometimes it's 10 mins sometimes half hour or so runny feeling down back of throat and cough mixture isn't doing much more of an annoyance than anything. I just hope I didn't catch it off her because I can't go through a week of anxiety like last time thst was hell I had one more of a cough fit this morning but I was eating and talking.

Rational side staying calm, anxiety side is saying cough will get worse and it'll turn into fits but trying to put that in the back of my mind atm though I keep thinking about the feeling which is making me cough more not sure if anxiety can do that I still need to tedt tommorow before work but the suspense is killing me as we currently have no tests need to get some more.
    Some of your symptoms could also be fuelled by the epic heatwave we're currently experiencing.

Regarding the BA.4 and 5, fewer people are actually dying of them right now than they were even of earlier Omicrons (BA.1 and 2), let alone Alpha, Delta, etc, all of which of course were far more lethal variants.

Mind you, I wonder what happened to BA.3, as that never really took off?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Some of your symptoms could also be fuelled by the epic heatwave we're currently experiencing.

Regarding the BA.4 and 5, fewer people are actually dying of them right now than they were even of earlier Omicrons (BA.1 and 2), let alone Alpha, Delta, etc, all of which of course were far more lethal variants.

That must be the Heathrow variant...

Down here in Oz they're saying you can be reinfected within 28 days with the new variants.
    I hope you haven't got it and are OK.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Down here in Oz they're saying you can be reinfected within 28 days with the new variants.
    I hope you haven't got it and are OK.
    Same I bloody hope not on a fishing holiday next Saturday so that would really annoy me if I'm I'll for that

My daughter got reinfected after 80 days.

I think it’s still rare though.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post

Could be but usually I'd it's allergies I get watery eyes and it's sneezing not cough although a ton of it could now be causing the drip after allot of blocked nose,runny nose etc at work Saturday I had to keep running to toilet nose wouldn't stop running 😂 was a nightmare

Tested negative just these allergies are kicking my ass

Thread Information