Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice needed - Teenager, loss of appetite, abdominal pain and absolutely no energy

Re: Advice needed - Teenager, loss of appetite, abdominal pain and absolutely no ener

So tempting to go down dr. Google Road. I even know what the diagnosis will be as it's always the same....

Re: Advice needed - Teenager, loss of appetite, abdominal pain and absolutely no ener

I’m sorry you and your family are going through this. I wonder if her symptoms could be related to a recent tick bite? Sometimes that can cause similar symptoms. Please don’t jump to any conclusions; at this point it could be many other things (allergies, virals). Wishing your daughter the very best of health. Keep us updated if you can 💜

Hi Again,
    the next blood results were all in normal ranges and she is doing better. She is though still very pale and exhausted and she often complains of brain fog and dizziness. It might be interesting to check into some allergies as she has a recent onset of what the Dr called Dermatographia. I do not want to google this too intensively in case I go overboard. So I am very happy the recent full blood count was good, but still quite concerned that she is not her usual self. I dont know, perhaps it is all just due to stress - she had a school change last year and she admits it was really tough but she did really well. Can stress catch up to teenagers like this? I already contacted the school twice about support for her emotional wellbeing, but there is just nothing available as they have to deal with some severe cases.

I think stress can catch up with anyone. Is there any local resources other than the school?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information