Thread: Feeling sick in the mornings severe anxiety

Unhappy Feeling sick in the mornings severe anxiety

Hello eveeyonw
    im having a terrible time with my GAD. I had a major op to remove my left ovary about six weeks ago.
    im having worries that make me want to throw up every morning.
    even though these worries get solved I still feel on edge. My mind is always looking for the next worry.
    I haven’t been as bad as this in yrs.
    im really worried I’m having a nervous breakdown,
    x

Re: Feeling sick in the mornings severe anxiety

Hi Sparkle,

I suffer with nausea due to my GAD & my IBS (At one point I had to wear anti-sickness wristbands)

I found that drinking ginger tea helps a lot with nausea. If you find that you are very sensitive to stimulants at the moment then check the ingredients and make sure there's no liquorice in there as this is a stimulant - which can be a problem with anxiety. (Twinings do a lemon and ginger tea which has no liquorice in it)

Hi there I just come on here to doa post and see yours and you have wrote more or less exactly what I was going to write, I've been feeling like this for the last 4 or 5 days and sometimes lasts all day ,6 or 7 weeks ago I was layed up with my back and couldn't hardly walk due to a shoulder replacement I had Christmas after a fall and was told the trauma of my shoulder had caused this to happen to my back,then that started to get better then something else started then one thing after the other, then I've started to feel absolutely terrible as soon as I wake up ,sickness, headache, all horrible feelings I can't explain and also I've never been this badso keep thinking is there something wrong other than anxiety, I know the symptoms anxiety causes but like you never felt like this or this bad, I think one minute it could be having one thing after another that has been debilitating and just got on top of me but I feel so bad mentally and physically it's worrying me it could be something other than anxiety and can't turn my brain off , so am I making myself feel like this just a nightmare, wish you luck x

I can feel terrible in mornings as well even after a good nights sleep it is common with GAD and I tend to feel better as the day goes on .The stress hormone cortisol is at higher levels in your brain when you wake up and can take about an hour to lower to more tolerable level. Stress can be delayed after a traumatic event such as an operation and can hit you when you feel you should be improving but with some CBT or talking to a professional it will abate 🙂

I used to feel bad in the mornings then feel better as the day went on , but now its the other way round well it has the past week so a bit strange,but I've been to the doctors and going to have some blood tests done because just had no energy at all and larthargic that gets worse as the day goes on too.

I have been feeling a bit nauseous myself on and off since last week, but more so in the evenings and in the middle of the night.

Possibly in part due to the recent heatwave, coupled with the fact that both me and my dad have had a bit of a cold the past few days. I have been eating properly and have had no loss of appetite, but at the same time my anxiety levels have generally been much lower, largely and very likely due to no longer having the stress of my mom and her dementia to contend with since she was admitted to her care home a month ago yesterday.

I have also been more physically active in general the past couple of weeks.

Thread Information