Thread: Burning Anus

Burning Anus

After a recent post here which is now resolved, thanks to normal results for the prostate, I have another question.

I have a sore bum, no pain, no ache...just sore. Sometimes, if my stool is softer (and doesn't come out neatly in one piece - sorry!) my anus can burn. I have seen folk with IBS talk of 'acid poo' and that's probably accurate....but I don't know whether they are referring to just diarrhoea incidents, or in general).

Given that my life is so sedentary I suspect internal piles and over-focus on the area. I just wondered if anyone out there has experienced this.

Thanks.

Re: Burning Anus

If you wipe yourself too hard (or not hard enough) you can get that burning sensation. It's no biggy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    If you wipe yourself too hard (or not hard enough) you can get that burning sensation. It's no biggy.
    Yes, that makes sense, but I've not really wiped that hard for a while now. It does feel like that kind of irritation (had that before) and may be due to long term use of wipes which have a very bad reputation for unsettling the natural flora and fauna of the area....not sure how long that takes to normalise?

I have experienced the inevitable burning ring after a decent madras but my norm is to experience sensitivity in that area. In my case, it's hormonal (menopause) but there can be lots of reasons as the skin 'darn thar' is very delicate..

First thing I'd try is to change your loo roll. Normal loo roll contains all kinds of chemicals. I use Cheeky Panda loo roll and it helps. I even take some out with me as my ******** knows when it's being wiped with anything other than my CP!

Don't use wipes (they're also full of chemicals and are blocking up the planet) Buy a sitz bath and clean your botty after a tricky bowel movement. If it comes out nice and tidy, fine. If it comes out splattering the sides of the pan, you need to clean your bum! (a sweaty bum-crack with bits of poo clinging onto your arse hairs is asking for irritation!)

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I have experienced the inevitable burning ring after a decent madras but my norm is to experience sensitivity in that area. In my case, it's hormonal (menopause) but there can be lots of reasons as the skin 'darn thar' is very delicate..

First thing I'd try is to change your loo roll. Normal loo roll contains all kinds of chemicals. I use Cheeky Panda loo roll and it helps. I even take some out with me as my ******** knows when it's being wiped with anything other than my CP!

Don't use wipes (they're also full of chemicals and are blocking up the planet) Buy a sitz bath and clean your botty after a tricky bowel movement. If it comes out nice and tidy, fine. If it comes out splattering the sides of the pan, you need to clean your bum! (a sweaty bum-crack with bits of poo clinging onto your arse hairs is asking for irritation!)
    Thanks for that advice. I actually blame all this on the wipes in the first placem I read somewhere that they destroy all the right bacteria in that area and leave the skin sensitive. I no longer use them and you're right, they ain't good for the planet either. I'm now going to try an other loo roll and also wetting it and dabbing the area rather than wiping. I was thinking of getting some cream too...but that can sometimes make things worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Thanks for that advice. I actually blame all this on the wipes in the first placem I read somewhere that they destroy all the right bacteria in that area and leave the skin sensitive. I no longer use them and you're right, they ain't good for the planet either. I'm now going to try an other loo roll and also wetting it and dabbing the area rather than wiping. I was thinking of getting some cream too...but that can sometimes make things worse!
    Try the sitz bath. It just sits on the seat and it's really soothing on the ol' botty...(also good for piles)

I have used creams in the past but because the area doesn't get much fresh air to it, this can lead to clogged skin pores and botty zits. Best thing is to keep the area clean with warm water and to dab instead of wiping but I do use some Sudocrem when it's especially sore down there...

Ok so I should be an expert in this (I’m not 😂&#128514
    After not having a solid poop for 4 years (and I am not exaggerating here) I know all about ring sting 😂🤣
    I have sever bile acid malabsorption apparently along with crohns. You can have a test for bile acid but bile acid usually causes very watery poop and it’s stings coming out not just wiping (well mine does) try using a very soft wet cloth instead of loo roll, this or wet wipes are better for me than loo roll but in the meantime what I find works the best for me is a thick nappy rash cream and a hot water bottle straight after wiping until the stinging and throbbing stops 😣

Thread Information