Thread: Pancreatic HA Kicking In Again

Pancreatic HA Kicking In Again

For the past 10 months, I've dealt with HA. Mostly due to bowel issues. It started with a painful cramp in my stomach, accompanied by yellow diarrhea. I googled it and the spiral began.

I went to the GP and basically demanded a CT scan. It came back "mostly" clear (showed a small, clear, liver cyst that neither my GP nor GI doc were concerned about). Blood tests were normal. GI doc put me on probiotic and fiber.

Over the next few months, I kept having stools too light in color and consistency for my comfort. I was still convinced something was wrong. So just before Christmas, GE did a colonoscopy and was all clear there. That actually calmed me to the point where everything went back completely normal. For months I've been fine. Still looking at every poop but they're 99% good so I've been good.

I did flirt with some ALS HA in the meantime. But I'm over that.

Fast forward to the weekend before this past one. I had a big vanilla shake, which I knew would throw my stomach off, but had it anyway. The next morning I had floating pale stools with diarrhea. I kept relatively calm bc I knew it would happen, and it calmed down over the course of last week and returned pretty much to normal. Not perfect. But close enough.

However about an hour ago, I had a very light fluffy movement that looks exactly like the pics you see for people with pancreas problems. I've been primarily eating just rice and applesauce, to calm everything down, so that shouldn't have been what came out. So I'm fighting the spiral now.

Please help calm me down. I know that my GP and GE know what they're doing. But HA isn't rational.

Re: Pancreatic HA Kicking In Again

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffroyourhero View Post
    For the past 10 months, I've dealt with HA. Mostly due to bowel issues. It started with a painful cramp in my stomach, accompanied by yellow diarrhea. I googled it and the spiral began.

I went to the GP and basically demanded a CT scan. It came back "mostly" clear (showed a small, clear, liver cyst that neither my GP nor GI doc were concerned about). Blood tests were normal. GI doc put me on probiotic and fiber.

Over the next few months, I kept having stools too light in color and consistency for my comfort. I was still convinced something was wrong. So just before Christmas, GE did a colonoscopy and was all clear there. That actually calmed me to the point where everything went back completely normal. For months I've been fine. Still looking at every poop but they're 99% good so I've been good.

I did flirt with some ALS HA in the meantime. But I'm over that.

Fast forward to the weekend before this past one. I had a big vanilla shake, which I knew would throw my stomach off, but had it anyway. The next morning I had floating pale stools with diarrhea. I kept relatively calm bc I knew it would happen, and it calmed down over the course of last week and returned pretty much to normal. Not perfect. But close enough.

However about an hour ago, I had a very light fluffy movement that looks exactly like the pics you see for people with pancreas problems. I've been primarily eating just rice and applesauce, to calm everything down, so that shouldn't have been what came out. So I'm fighting the spiral now.

Please help calm me down. I know that my GP and GE know what they're doing. But HA isn't rational.
    Stay strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still looking at every poop but they're 99% good so I've been good.
    You've had one bad poop after eating applesauce and rice. What do you expect to come out when you eat that stuff? South Park did an entire episode about applejuice farts, it's just common knowledge that fructose and apples can mess ya up a little bit.

Also, pretty much every user here would probably give up a leg to have "99%" of their poops look okay. Many of us struggle with near-constant and often debilitating gastro issues as a result of anxiety and IBS.

I was in the doctor's office yesterday and I just straight up asked him and the nurse practitioner how often they see patients with gastro symptoms and health anxiety, they both laughed and said that it was extremely common, so common they set up a mechanism within that clinic's structure to get people into therapy.

Anxiety does insane things to our bowels. This morning I took one of the best poops of my life and by 2pm I was having diarrhea, guess what my mental state was before the diarrhea? Also, for the past week I was convinced I wasn't going to be able to take a normal poop because I was convinced I had a tumor in there.

Edit: Also, go read your first post on these forums, you had a massive IBS flair up due to anxiety that caused you to shit yellow for a month straight. Anxiety + gastro stuff is outrageously common.
    Last edited by The_Natural; 26-07-22 at 21:54.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Natural View Post
    You've had one bad poop after eating applesauce and rice. What do you expect to come out when you eat that stuff? South Park did an entire episode about applejuice farts, it's just common knowledge that fructose and apples can mess ya up a little bit.

Also, pretty much every user here would probably give up a leg to have "99%" of their poops look okay. Many of us struggle with near-constant and often debilitating gastro issues as a result of anxiety and IBS.

I was in the doctor's office yesterday and I just straight up asked him and the nurse practitioner how often they see patients with gastro symptoms and health anxiety, they both laughed and said that it was extremely common, so common they set up a mechanism within that clinic's structure to get people into therapy.

Anxiety does insane things to our bowels. This morning I took one of the best poops of my life and by 2pm I was having diarrhea, guess what my mental state was before the diarrhea? Also, for the past week I was convinced I wasn't going to be able to take a normal poop because I was convinced I had a tumor in there.

Edit: Also, go read your first post on these forums, you had a massive IBS flair up due to anxiety that caused you to shit yellow for a month straight. Anxiety + gastro stuff is outrageously common.
    You're right. And trust me, I'm self-aware enough that I'm mad at myself. The only thing that worries me is that I haven't been worried lately. Then I could put it off to the anxiety. Hopefully just IBS. Appreciate it!

You're right. And trust me, I'm self-aware enough that I'm mad at myself. The only thing that worries me is that I haven't been worried lately. Then I could put it off to the anxiety. Hopefully just IBS. Appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    FMP
    Man. That’s a perfect analogy.

Man. That’s a perfect analogy.
    Best I’ve heard actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information