Thread: Bubbling Feeling In Foot

Bubbling Feeling In Foot

I swear. I get past HA on one thing (bowel issues) and symptoms of another fire back up.

As the tile says, for a week and half I’ve had off and on “bubbling” sensations in my left foot arch. No twitching (movements). It comes and goes. Every once in a while it migrates to the right side.

Actually as I type this it’s going on in my left foot and and a little on the upper right ankle.

I’ve had a bulging S1 disc before, in 2012. So it’s not a completely foreign sensation.

I did standing calf raises on a machine today. So that definitely could have aggravated it by compressing the spine.

But that b*stard HA is trying to tell me it’s early ALS.

I hate this..
    Last edited by Jeffroyourhero; 29-07-22 at 02:22.

Re: Bubbling Feeling In Foot

A physio in my workplace once told me that arch problems tended to be linked to tense calf muscles.

Feeling it on top of my foot, ankle, and calf some now as well. It's come and gone since last night. Mostly when sitting down. Ibuprofen calmed it down a good bit. My brain alternates telling me it's just old disc damage getting agitated, and telling me it's ALS. I swear in 99% of things, I'm a perfectly rational and optimistic person. I think it's bc I feel so lucky and blessed with my family/career/etc, that I should be punished somehow and have it all taken away by a bad disease.

So my left foot is still “bubbling/fluttering”, but it’s noticeably better than last week. Now my right side foot is doing it as well, and my right calf is full-on twitching, as well as my left shoulder (I’m watching it as type this). Of course, my brain can’t turn off ALS thoughts.

Please someone talk me down.

Hi,

I thought I'd share my thoughts. I truly think the best thing you can do is speak to a therapist. I'm in month 16 of twitching, so I won't lie to you and say that therapy will completely solve your issues but it will definitely give you skills that will improve your quality of life.

About your symptoms, personally I have a compromised nerve in my back, from what you have described it does sound very similar. I understand that worrying is natural, but I'd focus on your back being the likely culprit. Also, stay away from searching your symptoms, once I found a case that 'verified' my thoughts and fears it made my HA much worse. In reality, many different conditions and diseases share similar symptoms, therefore if you're not a doctor, it's impossible to correlate these into a diagnosis.

All the best

You're right about the therapist. I've already started speaking to one.

I saw my GP last week. He looked at the twitch in one calf and didn't hesitate to say it was nothing (and that it could easily be due to the fever-virus I had, as they started almost simultaneously). He even said it didn't "look" like ***, bc my twitch is more of a "pulse" than a "wave through" the muscle. Don't know how much stock I put in that. But he's the doctor.
    They did blood tests. All came back perfect, except for my CO2, which was just-above the normal range. This can indicate too much bicarbonate in the blood (I take TUMS almost daily). That can cause muscle twitching.
    So there are two good possible explanations, on top of my relentless HA.
    Of course I'm still not satisfied. So I req'd that they refer me to a Neuro. I've got an appointment for 8/26. The wait is gonna be excruciating.

You're doing it to yourself, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You're doing it to yourself, though.
    It sounds terrible to say. But I truly hope so..

If/when I God-willing get cleared by the Neuro next week. I'll put this behind me.

I am now speaking with a therapist about my HA. I'm also watching YouTube/Instagram by CherelleThinks. She's been through all of this, and is now a HA therapist. Definitely recommend her to everyone here. She's noted that in Somatic System Disorder, (Health Anxiety) our brain adjusts from giving us one symptom to another, in order to get our attention to its perceived danger (the anxiety). In my case, the digestive issues didn't scare me anymore and subsided. So it is now causing me to twitch. Fascinating stuff.

Hoping/praying that's all this is.

Thread Information