Thread: Morning panic

Morning panic

Hi.

I have just left my husband and I am thankfully been given the opportunity to move in with my mum, she's 85 and I am 54.

My mental health has rocketed through the roof and I am now taking my normal citalopram with additional propranolol, the latter really doing very little. GP prescribed me also last week with 7 days s worth of valium. I realise that is very addictive and they will not prescribe more. I'm off work for another week and mindful I have to get my act together but morning panic disorder starts the minute I wake early and doesn't subside until maybe 2pm whereby I feel I can move about, think, do basic tasks. So my question is anyone taking anything that really lightens the panic so that you can function?

I have over the years taught myself not to react to some situations and I now believe this is detrimental to my feelings as I very rarely cry which really might help.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Morning panic

Quote Originally Posted by 202207 View Post
    GP prescribed me also last week with 7 days s worth of valium. I realise that is very addictive

So my question is anyone taking anything that really lightens the panic so that you can function?
    I replied to one of your earlier posts in the citalopram sub forum. Unfortunately, there are limited options beyond what you are already on.

Valium (diazepam) is not usually addictive when taken as prescribed, but dependency will likely become an issue if it is taken regularly for more than a few weeks which means it needs to be weaned off, not quit abruptly. This is also true for antidepressants (ADs), including citalopram.

That said, benzodiazepines are not good sleeping pills as tolerance to their sedation soon builds. Small doses of the sedating AD mirtazapine is a better option, imo.

Thread Information