Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tested positive for Covid. Worried that I'll have a severe outcome.

Tested positive for Covid. Worried that I'll have a severe outcome.

I'm 32 year old male, and my only risk factor is that I'm a bit overweight. I did receive a vaccine over a year ago but that was it. So basically, I don't have much for protection. I'm on day 2 of showing symptoms and so far, I'd say the symptoms are mild. I have a temperature ranging from 99 to 100.8 at most. Also have a dry cough sometimes, minor sore throat, and some diarrhea. (I had to go like 4 times this morning.)

I'm worried about a severe outcome from my case that lands me in the hospital and on a ventilator. I always assume the worst with everything which doesn't help reduce my anxiety any but given my risk factor and how it's out of my control, I feel it's only natural to worry.

I was prescribed an antiviral pill called Paxlovid which is known to reduce odds of hospitalization/death by 89%. I start that tonight and am hoping it helps me. While my symptoms are still mild, I want to try to do what I can to avoid things from getting worse. Idk if anyone here can reassure me that things will be okay but yeah, I'm very worried. Lots of people have died from covid so that is what makes me really worry about this.

Re: Tested positive for Covid. Worried that I'll have a severe outcome.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I've had it twice and both times it was relatively mild. Get plenty of rest, drink plenty of water, take paracetamol regularly and just try and keep you mind occupied.

While it obviously still varies from person to person, Covid is far less fatal for the vast majority now than it was earlier in the pandemic.

I was prescribed Paxlovid, which is a very good antiviral for covid that's supposed to help a lot. I'm on day 3 of symptoms and have relatively minor symptoms still. My slightly sore throat has become a full blown sore throat now. It hurts to swallow but that's a sore throat for you. I still have dry cough, low grade fever, runny nose, and that's about it. I don't have much body aches or anything so far.

I went to get an official covid test at a facility to provide proof to my work. My work doesn't take at home test kits as proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaster View Post
    I'm 32 year old male, and my only risk factor is that I'm a bit overweight. I did receive a vaccine over a year ago but that was it. So basically, I don't have much for protection. I'm on day 2 of showing symptoms and so far, I'd say the symptoms are mild. I have a temperature ranging from 99 to 100.8 at most. Also have a dry cough sometimes, minor sore throat, and some diarrhea. (I had to go like 4 times this morning.)

I'm worried about a severe outcome from my case that lands me in the hospital and on a ventilator. I always assume the worst with everything which doesn't help reduce my anxiety any but given my risk factor and how it's out of my control, I feel it's only natural to worry.

I was prescribed an antiviral pill called Paxlovid which is known to reduce odds of hospitalization/death by 89%. I start that tonight and am hoping it helps me. While my symptoms are still mild, I want to try to do what I can to avoid things from getting worse. Idk if anyone here can reassure me that things will be okay but yeah, I'm very worried. Lots of people have died from covid so that is what makes me really worry about this.
    The mainstream media and other people with a vested interest in your fear have really done everyone a huge disservice over the last two years. As a vaxxed young person with essentially no comorbidities, this will be like a mild to moderate cold for you. You probably don't even need Paxlovid, but odds are it will help shorten the duration of your illness. You will be fine there is no need to worry.

Well, I am overweight so that's one comorbidity. I'm on day 3 of symptoms and the cough seems to be bothering me a bit more. It sometimes gets me choked up. I can still breathe fine and all that but the coughing really hurts my throat because I already have a sore throat which doesn't help.

Hey there! Try not to worry too much (easier said than done, I know). I’m 43 and also slightly overweight, and I also took Paxlovid during my Covid bout a couple weeks ago. Within about 5 days all my symptoms had gone away.

Well, I'm on day 4 and not sure if I'm going to end up recovering or taking a turn for the worse. Is there any way I can tell if I'm going to be okay? It's day 4 and my main symptoms are a cough sometimes, sore throat, stuffy nose, and low grade fever. I'm still not sleeping very well at all but it's because of the sore throat/stuffy nose symptom.

When I had it, it got progressively better each day but on day 7 or 8 it decided to have a final fling with me and I felt worse. Next day it was all ok. I tested negative on day 9 but I’m sure I would have done so before but I was determined to have that neg result so I delayed taking the test. I had a very phlegmy throat for about a week after the neg test.

Finally getting covid after keeping myself safe for so long was a jolt and it DOES increase anxiety, so what you’re feeling is quite normal for an anxiety sufferer. I’m sure you will be fine and as the days pass you will come to believe it yourself.

Ghost…Spillways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information