Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tested positive for Covid. Worried that I'll have a severe outcome.

Re: Tested positive for Covid. Worried that I'll have a severe outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    When I had it, it got progressively better each day but on day 7 or 8 it decided to have a final fling with me and I felt worse. Next day it was all ok. I tested negative on day 9 but I’m sure I would have done so before but I was determined to have that neg result so I delayed taking the test. I had a very phlegmy throat for about a week after the neg test.

Finally getting covid after keeping myself safe for so long was a jolt and it DOES increase anxiety, so what you’re feeling is quite normal for an anxiety sufferer. I’m sure you will be fine and as the days pass you will come to believe it yourself.
    I haven't noticed any improvement so far but everyone is different and it's still only day 4. The thing that scares me the most is because I'm overweight and reading that overweight people have highest odds of having severe outcomes. I've been vaccinated but that was over a year ago. I have no idea if I have any protection from covid with a vaccine that far out. And I'm taking Paxlovid which is supposed to help. I'm trying to stay calm through this.

I haven't been sleeping much if at all at night because of my throat and stuffed up nose.

My family just had it. My husband and I both took Paxlovid also. I got progressively better and tested negative on day 7. My husband got the horrible sore throat that you have. He tested negative on his day 5 but has rebounded like they say some do. He tested positive again on day 10. He’s at day 14 now and feeling a lot better but still a bit stuff. Neither of us ended up with severe symptoms. We’re both overweight and he has asthma. I think the paxlovid is a good drug, despite the terrible taste it leaves in your mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    My family just had it. My husband and I both took Paxlovid also. I got progressively better and tested negative on day 7. My husband got the horrible sore throat that you have. He tested negative on his day 5 but has rebounded like they say some do. He tested positive again on day 10. He’s at day 14 now and feeling a lot better but still a bit stuff. Neither of us ended up with severe symptoms. We’re both overweight and he has asthma. I think the paxlovid is a good drug, despite the terrible taste it leaves in your mouth!
    Well, I'm almost 48 hours (2 days) into taking the Paxlovid and not noticing much improvement so far. I'm guessing it can take longer I suppose considering that I have a quite a bit still to take.

I have the annoying cough too and most of the time, it's not bad but sometimes it gets me in a coughing fit. It's day 4 of covid symptoms for me and I'm just pondering how I can know if things won't get worse for me or not. The not knowing is worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaster View Post
    Well, I'm almost 48 hours (2 days) into taking the Paxlovid and not noticing much improvement so far. I'm guessing it can take longer I suppose considering that I have a quite a bit still to take.

I have the annoying cough too and most of the time, it's not bad but sometimes it gets me in a coughing fit. It's day 4 of covid symptoms for me and I'm just pondering how I can know if things won't get worse for me or not. The not knowing is worrisome.
    So, I started my Paxlovid on day 3 and my husband on day 1 - he still went through the full gamut of symptoms that I had before starting. It seems the Paxlovid won't necessarily stop your symptoms, but rather keep them from getting severe enough to require hospitalization. According to the studies, it's very good at this, so I would not be worried. He still had a super bad sore throat and a minor cough.

The unpredictability of Covid really is what makes it most stressful, but the vast majority of people recover without any issues and the Paxlovid makes that even more certain.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    So, I started my Paxlovid on day 3 and my husband on day 1 - he still went through the full gamut of symptoms that I had before starting. It seems the Paxlovid won't necessarily stop your symptoms, but rather keep them from getting severe enough to require hospitalization. According to the studies, it's very good at this, so I would not be worried. He still had a super bad sore throat and a minor cough.

The unpredictability of Covid really is what makes it most stressful, but the vast majority of people recover without any issues and the Paxlovid makes that even more certain.
    Yeah, I'm just afraid of the unknown. I'm on day 5 of having symptoms now and my sore throat is gone, cough is better but still there, and body temperature seems down to 98 range now. (This is without fever reducing stuff) I am hopeful this bodes well for recovery. It has dipped into 97s range but still a normal temp range I suppose.

I'm more worried about covid rebound. Hopefully if it does happen, it won't be bad.

Im on day 8 now, going into day 9 soon. Fever has been gone for several days now. The only symptom that remains is the lingering cough. I have no idea If this means I’m in the clear from any severe outcomes but hoping for the best still.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaster View Post
    Im on day 8 now, going into day 9 soon. Fever has been gone for several days now. The only symptom that remains is the lingering cough. I have no idea If this means I’m in the clear from any severe outcomes but hoping for the best still.
    The phlegmy cough was my exact lingering symptom back in February 2020 when I suspected possible Covid, in which our GP didn't seem to believe at time as it was very early on in the pandemic, though that's another story.

When I actually did test positive for Covid for real 2 years later in February 2022 it was pretty much a walk in the park by comparison, and was finally negative after about 8 days or so, though of course it was the Omicron times by then.

The cough, phlegmy or otherwise is the last lingering symptom to go. You seem on track like the rest of us

Ghost…Spillways

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information