Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stomach stabbing pain

Stomach stabbing pain

Hi everyone, I'm currently on holiday and away from home. Flying back today. Yesterday and today I have had intermittent stabbing pains in my tummy, right side. They aren't there all the time, in fact since yesterday afternoon, they weren't there at all until this morning. In the night I had a big bout of diahorrea. When the pain happens, I feel sick and I have a horrible taste in my mouth too. But I haven't been sick. I'm trying to think rationally and think that I've been away for four weeks, I've eaten and drank everything in sight, I'm in a hot and humid country, I've perhaps drank their water (ice cubes) which may not have been clean.....however there are still more serious things keep creeping into my mind. Any help welcome.

Re: Stomach stabbing pain

Sounds like you have picked up a bug. Hopefully you’ll be better in a day or two.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Continued googling and pain

I wrote a few days ago about my pains in my stomach.
    A week ago last Wednesday I had mushrooms in a tapas bar. I had been on holidays in Thailand for 3 weeks at this point with a week to go. In the night, the mushrooms went straight through me. The following day I spent the day on and off the toilet, but was never sick.

Fast forward to over a week later. I have intermittent nips in my tummy. Sometimes left side, sometimes right, I was feeling nauseous but now I just don't feel right. My pee is ok colour wise and while I don't have completely solid bowels, they are a lot former than what they were, but a bit yellowish in colour. No blood. No fever. No weight loss. Perhaps a bit more frequent urination but hard to tell as I've been drinking loads of water to flush whatever it is out.

I've stopped alcohol, I've eaten plain food, I've eaten yoghurt, ginger tea, water ....

My mind is going into overdrive at the moment. Two family friends have died recently (within past month) of pancreatitis. I've googled everything. I've googled IBS, UTI, all sorts of cancers....and I feel like I'm in a downward spiral.

Rationally, I can see there are no red flags (as far as I know) and it's a tummy bug that will eventually pass. Irrationally, my mind is all over the place and I don't want to go down the rabbit hole again. Can anyone help me please.

Re: Continued googling and pain

The "rational" option sounds spot-on to me. No red flags, definite IBS trigger and classic IBS symptoms now. Cue HA need/compulsion to google and you find yourself immersed in the "irrational" option and posting on here in a panic....

Googling never works and makes things worse..I hope things settle down soon and I bet you regret those mushrooms!!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Pulisa and Scass for the replies. I'm also really tired, have quite a bit of wind, both up and down, and at times an ache in lower back. Are all these symptoms of IBS too?

I hate being like this and I hate the way it comes in waves. I am fine for months, then I hear about something someone has and it sends me off on one.

Rational me is sure that if I were to actually forget about it, it may go away.

Thanks Pulisa
    I'm having another meltdown. I was fine all day. Tummy was fine, no pain. Food stayed in.

Just had dinner and I've a sharp pain on my lower left side. Nearly like where my ovary would be. I've googled again. And frightened myself again.

Please someone help me.

Cause and effect with google.

Why couldn't the pin just be wind or an abdo spasm? Happens to me frequently and very common with IBS. Why not google IBS if you have to google at all?

No red flags other than compulsion to google and scare yourself. That's a pretty toxic and unhelpful symptom of HA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information