Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stomach stabbing pain

Re: Stomach stabbing pain

Quote Originally Posted by Pet59 View Post
    Thanks Pulisa
    I'm having another meltdown. I was fine all day. Tummy was fine, no pain. Food stayed in.

Just had dinner and I've a sharp pain on my lower left side. Nearly like where my ovary would be. I've googled again. And frightened myself again.

Please someone help me.
    From what you describe, it sounds like you picked up a nasty bug or stomach virus while you were away. A lot of people expect when they catch a bug it passes through and then you feel normal pretty quickly. Not always the case. If it was particularly bad, it might have slightly inflamed your intestines, thrown your gut biome off a bit, or your immune system is just doing some spot cleaning on anything left behind. While you get back to normal, you can get random twinges, gas pains, just regular "wtf is this" pain, and you can have a bit of nausea too, even if the main event has passed!

Those symptoms can of course be IBS related, but you'd want to get that officially diagnosed, and have a few repeated episodes. No point in you thinking you have that and having to avoid certain foods or triggers if this was just a once off and you just won the "nasty bug lottery."

You sound like you're doing all the smart things. Plain food, yoghurt, no alcohol etc. That will let your body recover

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Thanks for the reply Worry. I got up the morning, no pains, no dodgy tummy, nada. Had a sensible brekkie, poached eggs on toast and had chicken noodle soup at lunch. In the afternoon I had a handful of m&m's and I've just had the skits there now. Have had a few twinges throughout the day but nothing like before. I've diagnosed myself with everything from stomach cancer to pancreatitis to Ibs to diverticulitis to ovarian cysts.....

On the plus side, no weight loss, no blood, no fever...just tired.

Another day and same things. Uncomfortable feeling in tummy, no bloating, no weight loss, no blood. Tired, gurgling tummy, pain in lower back at times. The more I worry about what it "could" be, the worse it seems to get. So it's like a vicious circle. We are in the middle of moving country too and I'm really not pulling my weight to try and help my husband pack things. I'm so scared and worried.

Another day and same things. Uncomfortable feeling in tummy, no bloating, no weight loss, no blood. Tired, gurgling tummy, pain in lower back at times. The more I worry about what it "could" be, the worse it seems to get. So it's like a vicious circle. We are in the middle of moving country too and I'm really not pulling my weight to try and help my husband pack things. I'm so scared and worried.
    Sorry to hear you're still not feeling 100%, but stomach issues can take a while to resolve even from extremely benign causes. It's a delicate ecosystem in there Anything can throw it off, and that includes anxiety.

Did you consider the stress of moving might have a contributing factor to how your stomach feels? I'm in the process of moving too and I've definitely noticed an increase in digestive issues. I have IBS (diagnosed) and just the general business of packing, rushing around, and cleaning with a deadline looming has caused it to act up a lot more this month.

What do you think it "could" be? No red flag symptoms....other than you're actually moving to a new country so there's plenty of mileage for benign digestive troubles there!! I reckon you have a lot on your plate at the moment with moving so are naturally focusing on uncomfortable symptoms which all sound like IBS to me. My stomach makes weird noises all the time (borborygmi).It's just active!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information