Quote Originally Posted by Pet59 View Post
Thanks Pulisa
I'm having another meltdown. I was fine all day. Tummy was fine, no pain. Food stayed in.

Just had dinner and I've a sharp pain on my lower left side. Nearly like where my ovary would be. I've googled again. And frightened myself again.

Please someone help me.
From what you describe, it sounds like you picked up a nasty bug or stomach virus while you were away. A lot of people expect when they catch a bug it passes through and then you feel normal pretty quickly. Not always the case. If it was particularly bad, it might have slightly inflamed your intestines, thrown your gut biome off a bit, or your immune system is just doing some spot cleaning on anything left behind. While you get back to normal, you can get random twinges, gas pains, just regular "wtf is this" pain, and you can have a bit of nausea too, even if the main event has passed!

Those symptoms can of course be IBS related, but you'd want to get that officially diagnosed, and have a few repeated episodes. No point in you thinking you have that and having to avoid certain foods or triggers if this was just a once off and you just won the "nasty bug lottery."

You sound like you're doing all the smart things. Plain food, yoghurt, no alcohol etc. That will let your body recover

Hope you're feeling better soon!