Thread: Blood after stool and itchy? What could it be?

Blood after stool and itchy? What could it be?

So, long story short - a couple months ago, I had some blood after a bowel movement, after I wiped. It was fresh bright red, but not much, and faded to pink. Now, my toilet is usually fine, no constipation beside sometimes straining to go, and sometimes it can be a little harder than usual, or a little softer. It went away after a while, and then no blood for a couple months. Until this week, where I got a fresh show after another movement. Again, my movement was slightly stingy (best way I can describe it not being really hard), maybe because it was sore, I don't know.

Anyway along with that, usually it is quite itchy down there, tickling sensation sometimes. Not often but sometimes it gets so irritating I feel like one of those bears desperate to find a tree to itch their back.

I'm too scared to look online, because I know already what the first searches will include - bowel/colon cancers, and they all list blood in or after stool as a symptom. I'm already hyper focused on stuff already.

I don't drink tea or coffee or any sodas, just water and I don't drink alcohol. My diet is okay, could be better, but I get a good bit of veg and such.

I have a Dr's appointment for next Thursday, which I'm kinda embarrassed about them looking - there. But I'm going anyway, even for something to help, and just to check it out.

So, I don't know what it is, fissures, piles or hemorrhoids. Though honestly, I keep thinking of the worst stuff too, because of the bit of blood. I don't have any other symptoms that I know of, and as I said, my stools themselves are fairly normal in colour and consistency, it just makes me a bit on edge, and it's a vicious cycle because when I have to have a bowel movement, I get worried about the blood, which is probably not helping.

I'm 34 F.

Re: Blood after stool and itchy? What could it be?

piles - get some over the counter cream like Anusol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information